Off road wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eddie2166

Hi,

Ive been using carson smartech wheels for some time now but when i went down to the park it was sopping wet at one of the rear tires came off completely.

I don't really want to dish out loads to get a set of alloy rims.

is there a really strong glue or a reliable rim/tyre combo that works??

Hi,

Ive been using carson smartech wheels for some time now but when i went down to the park it was sopping wet at one of the rear tires came off completely.

I don't really want to dish out loads to get a set of alloy rims.

is there a really strong glue or a reliable rim/tyre combo that works??

Check this out Eddie.
Must work on Plastic as well ...

https://www.largescaleforums.com/showthread.php?t=17415

http://www.google.co.uk/products/ca...a=X&ei=9N-0UOq4J4-q0AW_goDoDg&ved=0CDsQ8wIwAA

It states 'many plastics', but if it sticks the tyres like it has mine onto my alloys then you're laughing - MILES better than any CA crap!!

Al.

to be honest the super thin cryo has worked for me for years, as thin as water...secret is to get it to get it on all 3 faces in the groove..i do the back and bottom part in one hit...super thin works by capillary action so will wick up the back side...once that's set i pull the tire back and glue the outer part of the groove...drop it in one spot and let go the tire and you can see it travel around the tire/wheel...anything other than super thin wont wick and wont stick worth a crap....not sure it would work on alloy...maybe if it was cleaned with thinners immediately before gluing it'd work

Totally agreed, but .....
superglue is STRONG but FRAGILE - like cast iron.

Hit it hard in the right place and it breaks off.

E6000 quite simply hasn't - it's flxible as well.
It's working for me.

Super thin was becoming a pain as well - getting EVERYWHERE - stuffing t-shirts, carpets, stools, just about everything in sight.
This doesn't - stretchy and you can cut it off where there's excess.

Al.

I'll be mounting my Hostille MX rear tires (extra hard) to the proline split six BL.... What tire foams are needed if any and where could I find them? Also, do you suggest me cementing them with E6000 too on the BL?

Thanks

Last edited:
Anyone know which tire foams to go with using Hostille Baja REAR tires extra hard compound?? I can't seem to find the foams for the rear tires on any sites.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks