oh no think ive damaged my engine, think oil ratio to petrol was to low!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

new-fg-owner

hey guys i appologies for the number of threads i've made i hope its ok and as always it can help someone else from the answers you give me :)

i run my fg touring car on its first full tank of petrol provided by the guy i bought the car off, he said the oil petrol mix was done and ready to go, however before i topped the tank up with the stuff he provided, the exhaust dripped some oil when off and spat small amounts when ticking over, but now since i have run the first tank through there is no oil coming from exhaust when on or off!! i'm not sure if the compression has got less also ahh, i hope its ok

If there was a build up in the pipe giving it a run would blow it out to an extent. Just make sure you mix your own fuel up at 25:1 for the next run & it should be ok. It would prob have seized if it was too lean.

ok first thing is first, if you are doubting the mix is correct throw it out and start again. 25:1 is the ratio you want, so 200ml for 5L of petrol.

don't read into oil coming out of exhaust, that works when using nitro's but not always the case in 2strokers.

hey guys thanks for your prompt replies i knew you'd all help quickly and put my mind at ease, thanks :) yep thats what im going to do throw out the fuel, i've bought a mixing bottle and high end castrol power 1 racing 2t fully synthetic oil so will do it myself. ooo and i'm just spraying some wheels, red and silver will upload pics when done :).

back to the engine indeed i did think it would seize also if it was too lean, there was a normal i would say amount of smoke out of exhaust, same as i see in all videos. so fingers crossed :)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks