Oil/Fuel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blown67Sedan

I did search and maybe I didn't search well, but I didn't see anything that specifically discussed this topic, in depth.
I'd like to start a (Civilized Lol) discussion about what brands, types and ratios everyone is running in their engines. Just to see what different things everyone is doing. I realize this is or can be heated topic. We all have our own way of doing things, and this isn't about who's right and what's wrong. I'm just curious to see what everyone is doing and what they're doing it on.

I think the best way to figure out what oil to use is find a member on here or your favorite forum that has a bunch of rigs that they actually use quite a bit and use what they use.Oil is a topic that comes up on Rc and Automotive forums quite a bit with crazy recommendations.

I used to use this in all my fresh builds on my racecar.Then ran Mobil1 after the engine was good to go and the rings were seated.

1601608146830.png

Thoughts on VP Racing 94 Octane ethanol free small engine fuel with Amsoil Dominator 2 stroke? Planning on running this in my stock Raminator engine.
Thats exactly what I use and I have engines with a lot of fuel run through them. Its good stuff, but expensive. I have found tuning and just keeping the engine running smooth is easier with ethanol free. ? just don't make a real rich mix or it leaves deposits. Id stick to 32/1 or less.

Thoughts on VP Racing 94 Octane ethanol free small engine fuel with Amsoil Dominator 2 stroke? Planning on running this in my stock Raminator engine.

Well, I'll be using Amsoil Dominator 2 stroke and VP HP100. Mostly because a close friend is a dealer for both and I get the GBD and I use MS109 in my '67 when it's set on kill, so. Lol.
I appreciate everyone who chose to share what they're using and how they're using it. That's all I was looking for... What you do. It wasn't meant to start any sort of arguments or criticisms. I'm very well aware of these types of arguments from being a apart of the automotive/hot rod community for over 30 years.
Myself, I'm always open to other's thoughts and opinions as I don't know everything about anything. Anyway, thanks again!

Last edited:
Thats exactly what I use and I have engines with a lot of fuel run through them. Its good stuff, but expensive. I have found tuning and just keeping the engine running smooth is easier with ethanol free. ? just don't make a real rich mix or it leaves deposits. Id stick to 32/1 or less.
Thanks for the reply! Yeah I plan to break in at 32/1 and then run it at 50/1 post break in.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks