OIl mix ratio for KM buggy.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluesman

Hi Guy's,
I have my new buggy and looking though the manual I don't see a Oil/Gas mix ratio.Could someone help me out please.I did do a search.
Thanks again.

You need to check your own manual.
Is it NEW, NEW, or run in and new to you?
Most start with a 25:1 mix - with options on oil and petrol choice .... with a NEW, NEW engine, and then lean out, both with the engine tuning, and the mixture.
All agree, there is NOT MUCH change in running a mixture with a little too much oil, BUT if you consistently run too LEAN, you stuff your engine - for nothing really.
I'm on 32:1, and mine's a rocket!! That's for a standard engined FG MT with a 'modified pipe' on, a DDM high-end Dominator.
TAKE CARE - it's worth it.
Al.

Hi mate, you will prob get a few different answers but a good place to start is 25 : 1 ratio.
Can sometimes depend on the type of oil you use, amongst other things. I use King Cobra Racing venom - Caster based, and King Cobra say to use 33:1, but I use it at about 28:1 and it works well. I broke my engine in on 25:1 though.
Hope this helps !!

^^ Yes it's brand new! needs a proper run in.I have done run in for nitro's.But nothing like this.This was truly a joy taking this monster out of the box.
Thanks to all.

I use the same KC racing venom as Pete but at 25:1. Get yourself 1 of the 1L mixing bottles off e-bay for the sake of a couple of quid. They have the fill lines for all the different ratios printed on them. Fool proof :blush:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks