Oil question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That ultra HP would probably be just fine.I myself have never used that oil but its appears to be good stuff.I have been a motocrosser for years so I went with my favorite mix after trying many different others and rebuilding countless engines for 2-strokes I get to see first hand what oils work good and the ones that don't work so good.
Theres alot of good oils out there and Im sure if your girls dad has seen first hand what the motors look like after running that for a while and swears by it then it must be good stuff.

That ultra HP would probably be just fine.I myself have never used that oil but its appears to be good stuff.I have been a motocrosser for years so I went with my favorite mix after trying many different others and rebuilding countless engines for 2-strokes I get to see first hand what oils work good and the ones that don't work so good.
Theres alot of good oils out there and Im sure if your girls dad has seen first hand what the motors look like after running that for a while and swears by it then it must be good stuff.

And would the Ultra HP that is fully synthetic be okay for the first initial tanks? Thanks for the reply.

I used my synthetic since the very firts tank no problems at all.Some say not to use it for the first run but I have always done it for everything I own.Never had a problem.
Im going to post up some pics pretty soon of my first stock top end on the Baja site.Im very happy with what I found after 5 gallons of fuel.Virtualy no ring blow by and very little deposits on the parts very clean burning.

I used my synthetic since the very firts tank no problems at all.Some say not to use it for the first run but I have always done it for everything I own.Never had a problem.
Im going to post up some pics pretty soon of my first stock top end on the Baja site.Im very happy with what I found after 5 gallons of fuel.Virtualy no ring blow by and very little deposits on the parts very clean burning.

Gotcha thanks. What type of oil are you currently using?

I was at our local motorcycle shop yesterday having this same discussion with them. They don't run these little gassers but some of their comments were interesting.

They all recommended RedLine for this engine. They have several brands in stock but all swore by the RedLine.

They also said I should use a less "efficient" oil for the first gallon or so of fuel. According to them the RedLine wouldn't let the rings properly seat due to the fact that it works so well in reducing friction.

What your guys take on this?

Just to be on the safe side I am going to run either the supplied HPI oil or a STIHL non synthetic oil for the first tank. I will then switch to a high performance full synthetic after the first tank. Just to be on the safe side.

My break in will consist of letting it idle to warm up fully first. Then start out slow and constantly vary the throttle all the way up to WOT for 1 to 2 second short bursts. That is how I intend to run my first tank.

I have tested most of the high end oils out there been racing 1:5 scale cars from the early 90s

TWO oils always jump to the top of my short list of oils for the Zenoah motors
RED Line
and
Blue Marble

We had to test our spec gas with all the oils we could find drivers using for the 1:5 scale worlds in 2003 at KZ speedway to make sure no one was going to get away with cheating.

Blue Marble with LOW grade gas floated the bubble which was a shock so started to test it in motors and the stuff flat out works as advertised. My STOCK g230rc now runs at 22,000rpm and I make the 30 minute mains with 1/4 tank left burns clean no nasty gunk build up and the motor looks like new after a full season of HARD racing in high heat.

BE carefull using some bike oils guys,they don't rev as high as our engines! and there oil can break down after a certain RPM! ( WITHOUT CHECKING AROUND 17000 RPM ) and ours can go to 19500 Everyone has there own choice and preferences!but you want the max protection for your motor! Good starting point would be to look at the complex racing venom! or castrol 747! Alot of the good engine tuners over here swear buy the castrol 747! I have a 26cc alro heli tuned motor and i use the racing venom at 160ml to 1 litre with 98 ron fuel! Hope this helps?
Gethin.

Last edited:
The STIHL stuff that I am going to be running is ran in there high performance chain saws and I am sure those things are spinning in excess of any of the Zenoah engines. The guys that use this stuff in some lumberjack competitions are running some real hot modded saws. If they trust it so will I.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks