Oil to fuel ratio.Whats correct?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

voo2doo

In Memoriam
PLUS member
Listening to a few members on the forum and some are using 25-1 others are using 32-1.Someone said that 32-1 ratio was less oil than 25-1? I just cant seem to grasp this at all:blush: Surly 32 parts oil is greater than 25 parts oil.On the bottle of lube I use it says 2 capfulls(25 ml) = 25 parts oil to 1 litre of fuel,so in my mind 32 parts oil is greater than 25? Can someone please put me right on this.
J.:helpsmilie:

right i have another baffling one for yall,my consaw and chainsaw use a mixture of 125mill to 5 liters of fuel,perfect mix and a consaw is under some stress prob more than any fg or whatever,now my twostroke mix (any blend oil reccomend this for model petrol cars)150 mill for 5liters of fuel ?????

a little rich i think...

im going to try and use 125 mill to 5liters(one gallon) and reep the power gains:devil::lol:

DC...125ml to 5 litres is 25/1....25ml to 1 litre...you are rich mate...
I used to run 20/1...20ml to 1 litre...100ml to 5 litre...in winter and 25/1 in sumer when engines get hoter...

super how come on rock oil castor type oil so do they recomend 150 mill to 5liters??

modelsport always told me to run 150 mill to 5 liters,can i run leaner??

and it is also on the oil bottle,thats what is confusing me super??

man if im running rich imagine the power gains i will get when not as rich.:eek:mg:

I know mate, cant belive you have been using that mix for so long...

Go for 20/1 as its cold out there at the mo, thats the next mix im going to run.

Ducky runs 32 parts fuel to 1 part oil, i don't know how that works out, but if you watch the fg how to on you tube it says 25/1 and shows you how to mix it, same as ive said mate.

ah man you serious.........

nice one...

i must make up a new mix in the morning so lol..

so will i see power gains you think super?

or does it balance out when the needles are leaned even on a rich mixture?

Engine should love it mate, sound is unreal buddy....give it a run with top off and give it a tweak, should'nt need a lot....you know what to do buddy....
Post up a vid tommorow, i want to see how much more grunt its got, and will rev alot higher.

yeah man i believe that wont be able to get a vid up till next week of my fg waiting on a steering servo from hobbythek,i might try it on the carson onroad though tomorrow super.

is it not a little lean man?

mmm id be watching the piston with long runs......

Don't worry DC, i did it for years with my onroad, and i raced hard up and down the UK going to all deferent tracks, even raced with Ian Oddie, he's too fast for me man.

true for you man those tyres do not last long do they.... lol

man so you think there will be a little power gain.

thanks for that info super...why would modelsport uk reccomend that rich mixture.....? strange......

Sure you will see a better performing engine...Modelsport uk probley thought you were doing it Duckys way...30 parts fuel to 1 part oil..30/1......don't know mate, phone them up and find out..

right i have another baffling one for yall,my consaw and chainsaw use a mixture of 125mill to 5 liters of fuel,perfect mix and a consaw is under some stress prob more than any fg or whatever,now my twostroke mix (any blend oil reccomend this for model petrol cars)150 mill for 5liters of fuel ?????

a little rich i think...

im going to try and use 125 mill to 5liters(one gallon) and reep the power gains:devil::lol:

Isn`t a little lean oil mixture? Zenoah recommends 4% (to a stock engine) oil mix ratio and if you run on 125ml you will be down on a 2,5% oil mix. Since you are running a highly modified engine I would, if I were you, rather think of increasing the oil mixture ratio. Sure, a decrease to 2,5% will probably add a bit extra power but not enough to compensate for the exessive wear it adds to the engine, if you ask me.

I think many agrees with me when I say that increasing power by going down in oil mixture is probably the worst you can do for your engine. Why buy an expensive engine and then damage it by using a to lean oil mixture in order to gain some extra rpm:s. I`m in no way an engine expert but I think it would be best to stick to 3-4 % oil mixture.

I`m definately going to run my Oneill Brothers 27,2 kit on 4 %.

Hey, i used to run oddies motor's at 20/1 for years with no wear showing at all...this was for winter tho...very cold days on the track...in summer we all uped the ratio a bit as the motor runs hotter..
FG recomend 25/1...

Ratio Chart

After reading some of the posts I'm hoping some don't think 30:1 is more oil then 25:1?
In my own testing, just by eye and ear, I could not see any performance gains switching from 25:1 to 30:1. I did find you needed to change the needles a bit. I wonder if that is because it leans it a bit going with a lower oil ratio?
I have run 25:1 forever with a 100:1 synthetic oil made by Amsoil. After tear down my top ends have been clean and jug shows no sign of wear. I have only gone through one plug in 4 years due to breaking it on a roll over.
Some boat guys did a test years back on oil ratios and got more out of there motor the more oil they used. NOt exactly the same usage as our motors but shows it just the same.

Interesting facts on oil (oldie but goody)

2 stroke ratio chart

2 stroke ratio calculator

The difference in a chain saw would be the RPM's not so much the stress.

Last edited:
BTB.... this u-tube video does'nt show 200ml going in to 5 litres...as your chart shows?

25/1 is 125ml to 5 litres...25mls yo every litre....

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks