Ok, so I'm now all in with this RC stuff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So after reading a bunch on these big bore engines and talking to engine makers I've now ate crow and invested a ton into filling the tank? Really not about ethanol poisoning, but more on compression ratios and leaded fuel. No ethanol is just a plus?? Oh, I'm still running pump gas on the ?engines.
View attachment 60709
can't you run just normal pump gas on the bb's ?only time I've heard of running race gas was with a 90gt or s80 ? that's sweet AF tho crucial????

Ok cool so what are the gains?‍♂️
Higher octane for the higher compression ratios of the big bores. Supposedly runs better and cooler with the leaded fuel??‍♂️ We'll see I guess. I think the alx ran pretty good on 93 pump gas so...
Sweet bruh ??????
What’s the shelf life ?

And that fuel tank is a little intense for just Rc’s ain’t it ? ?
?Not quite sure but I believe it's a long time. Due to the additives and no ethanol present. I'm assuming this 10gal will probably last a couple seasons for me. I only get to run on the weekends and this is just for the 5iveT and vekta. I wasn't sure if there would be enough space in the pail to add the oil.
Its all about the purple bud?‍♂️?‍♂️?????
That too? I couldn't believe they had a purp one.
can't you run just normal pump gas on the bb's ?only time I've heard of running race gas was with a 90gt or s80 ? that's sweet AF tho crucial????
I think it's all about the CR and leaded fuel.

So leaded gas shouldn't have much effect on cooling on a good running engine. The lead is a very effective means of raising the octane number, without effecting the burn characteristics of the fuel(flame front during the powered cycle). Higher octane means you can run higher compression in the engine. Higher compression leads to more efficiency in the engine and normally a gain in torque. In older 4 stroke engines the lead also helped protect the exhaust seat and valve.(as they wernt hardened seats back in the day) Non leaded high octane fuels could have adverse effects in flame front propagation if not engineered correctly. Other then being a high grade of ethonal free fuel I wouldnt expect you to see major gains, with out bumping the compression up a bit as well. But you shouldn't have to worry so much about storage issues with normal pump gas.

So after reading a bunch on these big bore engines and talking to engine makers I've now ate crow and invested a ton into filling the tank? Really not about ethanol poisoning, but more on compression ratios and leaded fuel. No ethanol is just a plus?? Oh, I'm still running pump gas on the ?engines.
View attachment 60709
Be honest thats just for the Gixxer.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but unless you're getting pre-detonation in the motor, running higher octane won't affect anything.
I really can't hear sh!t with these engines but noise? So trying to hear a ping is a little hard to do. I could pull the head and look for piston damage, which I checked on the 65, but not trying to pull the 50. From what I've read they reccomend 95+ octane and I only have 93 at best around me. Some cam2 would probably work also but that is hard to find also. Now if I run this and don't see any differences, I will probably go back to pump gas also. Just want to see if it idles different, throttle response is different, etc. I run my cars and document for all to see. Just taking you guys on my journey. I could stop if you want??‍♂️

I really can't hear sh!t with these engines but noise? So trying to hear a ping is a little hard to do. I could pull the head and look for piston damage, which I checked on the 65, but not trying to pull the 50. From what I've read they reccomend 95+ octane and I only have 93 at best around me. Some cam2 would probably work also but that is hard to find also. Now if I run this and don't see any differences, I will probably go back to pump gas also. Just want to see if it idles different, throttle response is different, etc. I run my cars and document for all to see. Just taking you guys on my journey. I could stop if you want??‍♂️
No don't stop ??
@mark35 runs pump gas on his 71 alx I think ?

No don't stop ??
@mark35 runs pump gas on his 71 alx I think ?
Yeah I've been running my 65 on pump gas too with what I think is running good but you know the old saying, "you can't miss something you never had." So who knows, it may run totally different with this snake oil? or not?

Yeah I've been running my 65 on pump gas too with what I think is running good but you know the old saying, "you can't miss something you never had." So who knows, it may run totally different with this snake oil? or not?
I'm going to put my guess in the pot, I'm saying you'll notice it in tuning and tune consistency and not a power gain per say. And maybe better throttle response. Idk , I just made all that up so ?‍♂️?

I'm going to put my guess in the pot, I'm saying you'll notice it in tuning and tune consistency and not a power gain per say. And maybe better throttle response. Idk , I just made all that up so ?‍♂️?
The gas salespeople have really done an amazing job with their marketing by convincing the majority of the population that higher octane is somehow better for your vehicles. It's just marketing. Certain engines are designed to run on certain fuels. That's pretty much it. A lot of higher-end cars call for "premium" because they are designed to be run on that fuel. Now, you can take the same engine and tune it so that it NEEDS to be run on higher octane, but if you're taking the same engine and not changing anything but the fuel, it really shouldn't change anything else. Ever notice there's no "premium" for diesel? lol.

The gas salespeople have really done an amazing job with their marketing by convincing the majority of the population that higher octane is somehow better for your vehicles. It's just marketing. Certain engines are designed to run on certain fuels. That's pretty much it. A lot of higher-end cars call for "premium" because they are designed to be run on that fuel. Now, you can take the same engine and tune it so that it NEEDS to be run on higher octane, but if you're taking the same engine and not changing anything but the fuel, it really shouldn't change anything else.
You are 100% right, running a zen on 100 octane when you can run 92 or whatever shite , you probably won't notice a difference because it was made for the 92. But I'm more talking about the fuels quality, race gas vs pump gas, the race gas is likely better quality and more consistent from batch to batch. And there's no other crap added in , I'm the race gas, that the pump gas has in it. I'm no expert and I might be well of the mark though lol

You are 100% right, running a zen on 100 octane when you can run 92 or whatever shite , you probably won't notice a difference because it was made for the 92. But I'm more talking about the fuels quality, race gas vs pump gas, the race gas is likely better quality and more consistent from batch to batch. And there's no other crap that the pump gas has in it. I'm no expert and I might be well of the mark though lol
Yea, there is certainly a good amount of contaminates in pump gas, they can even have excessive amounts of water in the fuel if the station isn't very busy. However, fuel is very strictly regulated and other than adding things to boost the octane and having leaded vs unleaded and ethanol-free, there's not much to worry about. That's one reason you should try to avoid going to low-traffic gas stations. Their gas sits in the ground for longer periods of time. The busier the station, the more often they get refueled which means the gas will be fresh.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks