Olimat or Bartolone

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cardarear

Just picked up a used stockish 5ive-t. I have an OBR 34 full mod that I can drop into it. I've heard positive feedback for both Bartolone and Olimat pipes. Which one would you ultimately recommend and why? If it makes a difference, I may move into a OBR or Bartolone 34 reed in time. I anticipate I'm going to get some "both are good", "can't go wrong with either" type answers. So maybe just describe what you perceive to be the difference between the two to help me decide.

Olimat, Bart makes a great pipe when you can find one. If you don't feel like waiting for an olimat get a vrc. You honestly won't see much of a difference between them. There is a 4th option thats tunable, I've just found out about it and haven't gotten a chance to pick one up. It's made by quick draw engines. There are sections you can replace to get your power in the rpm band your after, it's quite genius really. Actually something we've been missing in this market, I can believe the race guys arnt all over it.

Thanks guys, I ordered an Olimat 34cc pipe. I figured it should work well if I throw my 34 full mod into the 5T or if I decide to go with something a bit hotter done the line. I've been looking at SRE Customs on YouTube. The 40cc Reed looks like an interesting experiment.

Olimat, Bart makes a great pipe when you can find one. If you don't feel like waiting for an olimat get a vrc. You honestly won't see much of a difference between them. There is a 4th option thats tunable, I've just found out about it and haven't gotten a chance to pick one up. It's made by quick draw engines. There are sections you can replace to get your power in the rpm band your after, it's quite genius really. Actually something we've been missing in this market, I can believe the race guys arnt all over it.
Who makes the tunable one, got a link?

I wouldn't go near a bartolone pipe. I have bought 3 in the last year and all of them were crap from the welds to fitment. He doesn't make pipes like he used too.

I did order a Olimat from Taylor rc and should be here this week.

Ordered the pipe in Sunday and it was shipped on Monday from Taylor rc and got here today.

I have had 4 different pipes in the past and this one is by far the best pipe. I don't think you can find another pipe as good as this one. Welds are 100%. Fitment is perfect. Comes with all the hardware and extra.

Simon did a fantastic job on this pipe. It is a piece of art. Definitely worth $300.

PXL_20210811_001151945.jpg
PXL_20210811_010436512.jpg

Last edited:
Ordered the pipe in Sunday and it was shipped on Monday from Taylor rc and got here today.

I have had 4 different pipes in the past and this one is by far the best pipe. I don't think you can find another pipe as good as this one. Welds are 100%. Fitment is perfect. Comes with all the hardware and extra.

Simon did a fantastic job on this pipe. It is a piece of art. Definitely worth $300.

View attachment 76825
View attachment 76826
It's a good looking pipe. I ordered the non silenced version directly from Olimat. I ordered it late last week and they estimated that it would ship out by the middle of this week - pretty good turn around.

Simon was awesome to deal with and even though I knew he was busy, he was great with some information. He let me know how long it was going to be and the fact he has other things on the go, but he was true to his word. What more can you really ask for??

Simon was great to me as well. That said I ordered 1/12/2022 and at first I didn't realize that for a bit that he shipped next day. So now the Australia Post tracking tells me that a "flight departed" on 2/1/2022. No further information on my end. Simon did his part as promised.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks