Painting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hewi

Hi all could anyone tell me the benefits of paint car body on the inside instead of the normal way on the outside thanks lee

Yeah I understand that but there are other paints and lacquers to do the job also there would be a lot more designs for the outside so I'm I right to say then the only thing is the scratching???
Thanks again

Much better on inside.
Imagine spending hours, days even designing a fancy paint design, then scraping much of it off. ... not good.
Designs on the inside are no different or worse than on the outside - I've had loads of 'masterpieces' which simply don't require any stickers.

ONE THING
Gravel Rash.
ALWAYS protect your masterpiece with something - many options - extra paint, duct tape, F/Glass + Shoo Goo.

Al.

Any time you're painting a Lexan lid, you MUST use a paint that's compatible with Poly-carbonate whether you're doing it inside or outside. The paint must bond to that material without primers and it must be flexible like the body. If you use paint that's not meant for Lexan it will look good when new but will start to peel off in sheets every time the body bends.
Painting on the inside not only protects the paint from getting scraped off but gives it a glass like super gloss when the film is removed. You can always add the decals and stickers to the outside after the paint job is done.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks