Painting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RIFF-RAFF

Just want to know what types of paints you guys use on your lexan bodies.I'm hoping to find something water based or something not so hazardous for indoor use.I want something flexible as well as durable.I've got a whole winter ahead of me and no warm place out of doors to paint my Baja 1000 bodies.Tinted clear coats would be great, as well as a source.Thanks for any info guys.

Frank

I would think anything water based will just rub or wear off too easy. I know the feeling on the smell thing. I painted my basher body outside and brought it in. WOW, what a smell just from off gassing.

Good luck!:)

I would think anything water based will just rub or wear off too easy. I know the feeling on the smell thing. I painted my basher body outside and brought it in. WOW, what a smell just from off gassing.

Good luck!:)

I might be wrong but; I think I recall reading about a water based paint being available for RC use somewhere in one of the nitro RC forums.

Frank

Faskolor and Createx autoair are water based paint for airbrush, I like to use it because if you make a mistake is easy to remove if it's not dry, once they are dry for some hours you can't remove any more like acrlics. The cheaper source I know for Faskolor paints www.Rcboyz.com, tinted clear coats are available from this brand and a big amount of colors, more info at www.parmapse.com

Last edited:
Faskolor and Createx autoair are water based paint for airbrush, I like to use it because if you make a mistake is easy to remove if it's not dry, once they are dry for some hours you can't remove any more like acrlics. The cheaper source I know for Faskolor paints www.Rcboyz.com, tinted clear coats are available from this brand and a big amount of colors, more info at www.parmapse.com

Thanks Kazi,

Thats what I was looking for.

Frank

By the way, I allways ad a final coat of acrilic spray in my nitro cars because the paint holds better, normally a black or white coat deppending on the colors previously painted. for window color clear coats, I also add an acrilic clear coat.

hey I painted a pink and green body a long time ago, it was for a friend that wanted something different in the track :clown::clown::clown:

xasis2g.jpg

hey I painted a pink and green body a long time ago, it was for a friend that wanted something different in the track :clown::clown::clown:

xasis2g.jpg

Umm...Uhhh.....thats not really to my taste.Your friend really got what he wanted.:stick::D

Frank, Great hobbies has Fascolor paints, and get yourself a airbrush, it is a lot of fun to work with. I started a couple years ago, now I paint bodies for every one.
paints http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0095P?FVSEARCH=faskolor&search=Go
airbrushes http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0095p?FVPROFIL=&FVSEARCH=AIRBRUSH++&search=Go

I have 2 airbrushes and yeah you're right about it being fun.It's been a 2 year learning curve for me and I'm always getting better.Of the 10 or so Hobby stores that I called,one of them decided to place an order for Faskolor paints and start stocking them because of all the requests for it.They asked what colors I was interested in and took note of it for their order.I was told they will be in stock by Wednesday.If they don't have them by Friday,I'll just order them over the internet.

Frank

Back