Paper head gaskets vs aluminum ones???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like this, I don't care if it's reusable. Just need something that seals goodView attachment 53120
Was using alu before and it leaked. So I'm thinking about a alu one and using copper head gasket spray

Not sure ,are you sure the aluminum is not for shimming ,an is suppose to be used along with the paper?
Stuff like that ,would appear to me to be more of a high performance thing for a lot of pressure!

Someone else may know the answer!

Not sure ,are you sure the aluminum is not for shimming ,an is suppose to be used along with the paper?
Stuff like that ,would appear to me to be more of a high performance thing for a lot of pressure!

Someone else may know the answer!
Well that could be possible too. Maybe if I checked the cylinders manual I'd know but i didn't ??
I’ve used copper and aluminum.. they work great as long as you use sealant.. without sealant they will leak
Figured. So what is a good sealant? I was thinking about using permatex copper spray and doing a coat of that on the back and front of the gasket ?

An anaerobic sealant is preferred as it wont add thickness to the gasket. Loctite make several. And it doesn't mater what it's made of. I like copper as I can reuse it if I have to. Paper is once and done. I'll have to get a pic of the sealant I use tomorrow.

An anaerobic sealant is preferred as it wont add thickness to the gasket. Loctite make several. And it doesn't mater what it's made of. I like copper as I can reuse it if I have to. Paper is once and done. I'll have to get a pic of the sealant I use tomorrow.
I'll probably end up using a alu one since I have more sizes of em. So I should use a anaerobic sealant I should use

The stuff I have is very thin, and seals the tiny imperfections in the surfaces. But doesn't add any measurable thickness. Silicone based sealer do, even a thin coat can be a couple thousandths thick. Ymmv

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks