Parking lot tire suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Polar_Bus

So when im ready to get into my engine fine tuning i like to do it on an asphault surface with the aid of a tachometer for the best tuning consistiency. What are you guys running for on road truck tires ? Thanks in advance for the help!

Not sure I want to go with a true slick. Up here in New Hampshire the parking lots in the early spring will have some sand on the surface from winter snow treatment. I think a soft compound treaded on road might be better in my conditions.

I have a guy here at our place the put a pile of cash into a reed block 22cc!! Now our r/c max motors will smoke it out of the hole every time but when that pint sized motor winds up and gets its legs it will pass you like you where standing still. My next 5b buggy build is going to be a on road 22cc short stroke reed screamer..................

Just though I would update this thread, I ended up going with DDM's MadMax on-road tire/wheel combos. I ordered 2 sets of rears (they should fit my front as long as the wheel offset is similar to my Rovan). If not i'll just get a set of widened front hub adapters. Seems a very good tire, all mounted on wheels for a good price. Now I have on and off road tires. I don't want to be chewing up my off roads on pavement when doing my tuning on asphalt.

http://www.davesmotors.com/MadMax-Complete-Supergrip-Onroad-Tire-Wheel-Set-HPI-Baja-5b-Rear.html

Last edited:
Just though I would update this thread, I ended up going with DDM's MadMax on-road tire/wheel combos. I ordered 2 sets of rears (they should fit my front as long as the wheel offset is similar to my Rovan). If not i'll just get a set of widened front hub adapters. Seems a very good tire, all mounted on wheels for a good price. Now I have on and off road tires. I don't want to bew chewing up my off roads on pavement when doing my tuning on asphalt.

http://www.davesmotors.com/MadMax-Complete-Supergrip-Onroad-Tire-Wheel-Set-HPI-Baja-5b-Rear.html
you will need extenders to fit rears on the front but Imo they look great.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks