pictures/vid of my latest toy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hyper 78

Hi guys, here a few pictures of my latest buggy,i ve had it 2 weeks and went on it yesterday for the first time..It out handles all my other buggys/cars and power is instant!!!the grip and performance is good at the moment but am looking to spill some hard earned into it, at the moment im thinking about a 4pks tx ,a 4 bolt ported engine ( either evo tuned 28.5 cc engine 6.8hp or obr 27.2 cc 7.5hp engine)and a mid to high end power pipe, im not interested in fuel efficiency or a relatively quiet pipe.i want power!!!! At the moment its for bashing,so the stock 26cc engine and the pipe have to go but i will keep it incase i start racing in the future,then i will put them back in, will update thread as the car is upgraded.cheers...

https://www.largescaleforums.com/album.php?albumid=168&pictureid=1185 picture of shell

enjoy the gay music!(happy)

https://www.largescaleforums.com/picture.php?albumid=168&pictureid=1198 picture of chassis
https://www.largescaleforums.com/album.php?albumid=168&pictureid=1190 differential

Last edited by a moderator:
its funny how their 29.5cc LB revs higher but has less power then the 27cc LR! lol?????, i have just recieved my front and rear spare alloy arms and carbon fibre battery holder, the journey on this model has only just started,im sure ill be hooked on upgrading it,wouldnt mind some front hydro's.

I want to see this obr 27.2 that has 7.5 horsepower,i think were ever you seen that was a missprint.
its on their wesb site oneill brothers racing, its not a misprint,look at the long block full mod engine on theit site,there are also a couple of dyno charts next to it,i think its with the victory pro pipe 7.5hp total , i think the engine has a desent torque curve too,i was expecting some spiked peak power grath , if a ported 26 can make 6.2 to 6.8 hp,why not, stevo at evo tuned can get almost 8hp from a 28.5cc,he said it wont last as long as he would like it too,he made two for a couple of his drag racing mates!

I want to see this obr 27.2 that has 7.5 horsepower,i think were ever you seen that was a missprint.
i just got a message back of the obr lads, this is what he said
27.2cc lb 7.5

A 27.2cc will be perfect for your application. Just checked out your video. Any of our long blocks will be a direct bolt up in your car. The cylinder is 3mm higher on the long rods but fits under the stock covers. We've seen a little more power with the 27.2cc due to the port design. The posted dyno sheets were with a Victory pro pipe. We've seen similar numbers with the Jetpro pipes. The only difference is one is complete with covers, carb, clutch etc. Porting on both is exactly the same.

oneillbrothersracing

I HAVE SPOKEN TO 4 different engine builers,what I consider to be the best from the u.k and u.s, like i said before obr and stevo(evotuning)will spend plenty of time to discuss what you want from an engine,i would be more then happy to give these two companies my hard earned as their customer relations/service seems top notch.its nice to know you can send a message or make a phone call 2 the engine builder whom is staight there to help/advise.reasurring!!!

The guys at OBR are a great bunch. Their customer service is top notch. I talk to them quite often. They are always doing testing and developing better ways to get more HP out of these little engines. They just came out with a new line of engines the prostock which is going to replace their race ported engines and with their new design are getting about ½ more HP out of the prostock then they got out of their race ported engines.

Sean and I have been in touch quite often lately talking about the CPI pipes. He now has both the standard and big bore CPI pipes coming from Mike at CPI racing. He hopes to start testing them by the end of the week

The guys at OBR are a great bunch. Their customer service is top notch. I talk to them quite often. They are always doing testing and developing better ways to get more HP out of these little engines. They just came out with a new line of engines the prostock which is going to replace their race ported engines and with their new design are getting about ½ more HP out of the prostock then they got out of their race ported engines.

Sean and I have been in touch quite often lately talking about the CPI pipes. He now has both the standard and big bore CPI pipes coming from Mike at CPI racing. He hopes to start testing them by the end of the week
yes, S E A N seems a nice guy,he has so much time for protential customers.

Last edited:
Are you thinking of racing this car?
yes,thats why im keeping all the origonal parts like the pipe that seems to have smooth power delivery at bottom to medium revs, and 26cc engine.i will use a bashing engine until i race then the stock 26 will go in and the bashin engine in my marder. then when im experienced i will go for the evo/oddie 26cc,also the wheels will have to go back to hormann items,because the fg wheels are wider then the legal max width(when put on a ht2,plus it messes up the handling).i have brought some front and rear arms and bulkheads ,they will be there for the future too,im ordering the tk10 rear suspension mounts and long suspension in a few weeks.i know the setup for racing will be alot different ,more smoother for engine and pipe plenty instant power etc, i have this in mind, cheers

If you have any advice mate i will appreciate it as usual,with 10 years racing experience under your belt im sure you could teach me a thing or two,im doing a bash day ay ndor as soon as i got time.

Last edited:
fg onics ,lol,it is kinda quiet and boring lol, before i brought it, i would have loved to see a close up vid to see how it goes together and the general layout,if anybody was interested in one,i have loads of pictures in my picture album,will make a vid soon running it,ive just brought 16 mini cones for making a track on fields/carpsrks.

Ive also noticed a few days ago that it has the quick release engine/gear plate.everything is set up to take off with minimal effort and quick timing.im loving this.

Last edited:
Not trying to be a A hole but he spells his name Sean like Sean Connery. ;)
AMENDED. Why do you recommend the 28.5cc over 27cc ? im happy with the price of engine and postage(42 usd) but am looking into the customs charges,im willing to pay extra but if its too much i will leave it, which is a shame.Im awaiting a pm from sean about that,if its ok,then ill go with it.If not then it isnt a problem,we have some great engine builers over here.i just wanted to be different.theres a seller here in uk that has the OBR 2bolt race ported headkits here,but they put out alot less power.An oddified engine would look nice,as the heormann is red and chrome under the shell,the heli head is red,plus they give great smooth power,so hard with so many great engine builders.:(

Nothing against any engine builder, company or anyone - and it's your money BUT...

If you're thinking of racing in the near future, I'd leave the 26 in your car and learn to drive it better with that at Notts and similar places and spend what you were going to put into a new engine, on tyres. With that car you'll get so much more pleasure from racing than bashing and with (for e.g) a 28cc ONB engine, you wouldn't be able to race. At the point where you can put the car where you want to on the track with a good set up and the right tyres on, then you should be thinking about a 26cc race engine.

Last edited:
Nothing against any engine builder, company or anyone - and it's your money BUT...

If you're thinking of racing in the near future, I'd leave the 26 in your car and learn to drive it better with that at Notts and similar places and spend what you were going to put into a new engine, on tyres. With that car you'll get so much more pleasure from racing than bashing and with (for e.g) a 28cc ONB engine, you wouldn't be able to race. At the point where you can put the car where you want to on the track with a good set up and the right tyres on, then you should be thinking about a 26cc race engine.
im always open to opinions mike ! i think there is definatly sense in what you are saying,i was going to go ndor last weekend but was a bit busy, i think ill go this weekend and see how this thing performs! ive been offered a new 123 battery,18 quid,i don't know much about them apart from they are light,are they anygood? LAST TIME I WENT NDOR i got 2 new set of wheels tyres for 30 quid,elcon tyres and mcd tyres on fg rims,might have a gander.cheers, when are you there next,also ive been watching some racing vids at Kernow,great dirt track!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks