Register and gain access to Discussions, Reviews, Tech Tips, How to Articles, and much more - on the largest Large Scale RC community for RC enthusiasts that covers all aspects of the Large Scale RC!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Plastic?? Plastic???

Discussion in 'HPI Baja' started by anakin14, Mar 5, 2007.

1. anakin14

anakin14 New Member

How come the "metal" servo upgrade kit doesn't upgrade the biggest gear (the one that the servo arm attaches to) to metal?? Am I missing something here??

2. tommyii77

tommyii77 Member

No your not missing anything I don't know why either other then it might be a weak spot so you don't destroy the whole thing.

3. Adamtrax

Adamtrax Member

I think HPI replaced the most likely gears to strip.....Have yet to here of that main gear pukeing out.......Like tommy said ...maybe a give point

4. Timmahh

Timmahh Bajastafarian Madnes
    PLUS member

i ve read/heard bout one gear in the system needing to be plastic, something about the electronics hum that may happen in the system if its all metal.

5. beerman525

beerman525 Well-Known Member

i broke the big gear the output shaft that the servo arm mounts on.took it clear off the stock servo i bought metal gear upgrade and rebuilt it but still has plastic output shaft gear but i have a hitec HS5745MG in it now and it works real good i also have muliplex rino as a back up so i will be all set for bashing

6. anakin14

anakin14 New Member

All of the other metal gear servos I own have metal gears at the end of the gear train, not the beginning. Really weird that the gear that takes all the abuse is still plastic.:no: