PortCityRC Project Red Rocket 🚀

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
psh GIF

Looks good tho port 😆 (y)
Thank you duder 🤣
A little quick pic how I'm accenting this splash on black ..I think its a decent combo. And I have to admit this kit is very simple and straightforward to assemble

Attachments

• 20210927_191659.jpg
    20210927_191659.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 17
In person it's much different, pics just don't capture the look. It's looks like paint splashed in the photos. But I agree it's not for everyone, but is a theme build as the diablo rises from the fire😆

It perfectly matches the body and Joker designz wrap for it as well

Attachments

• 20210928_200107.jpg
    20210928_200107.jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20210708_141142_812.jpg
    IMG_20210708_141142_812.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Black would be nice
John already did blacked out and want my own personalized one off matching theme for my Diablo engine. The engine is the first thing to you see when you peer into the chassis. This combo will never be broken up. This took weeks and weeks of debate and cropping photos and editing them with many different color combinations. I'll decide what I could, should and will do. If it doesn't make sense to you, you should build your own to your own liking.👍

Holy fek dude where did that come from… just a suggestion didn’t mean to offend you or anything like that
You didn't offend me I'm just be straight with you bud. Everyone has their own ideas, vision, and taste..I get it. I may change things as I build if I dislike the color is what I meant by that. Not a big deal just catching me in the moment and establishing my thoughts now.
And you should definately build your own, I look forward to seeing custom ideas, doesn't have to be splashed or anything it's what you want. That Pac Man themed Outlaw floting around online is fekin nasty looking as well...put that mind to work son! Don't get me wrong I love raw billet bling and I love black and carbon but already have them. It was time for something different

Last edited:
Question to anyone with the know.. Do you need a spacer or shim to ride against the bearng race on this side of the layshaft in the baja gearbox
Also wondering can I use a heavier e clip instead of a c clip on the layshaft

Attachments

• 20211010_133411.jpg
    20211010_133411.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Question to anyone with the know.. Do you need a spacer or shim to ride against the bearng race on this side of the layshaft in the baja gearbox
Also wondering can I use a heavier e clip instead of a c clip on the layshaft
As long as the clip fits it should be fine but I’ve never heard of a standard c clip ever failing or causing a problem. No shims are required for the TR box but there is loads of side play in a RCMAX one, but that has never caused anyone an issue as far as I’m aware. 👍🏽

Thanks Milo I did check and seen no spacers or anything in the hpi exploded diagrams. That was my concern was the side play but I assume when I connect everything to the brakes and gearing if will keep everything in align. That's perfect I will use the c clip

Gearbox completed and installed, axles and cups installed as well as a few other bits test fitted.I am using the turtle one piece mount and the rcr brake kit but am waiting for the brake actuator and backer and all else before I continue. Also waiting for steering pins to complete the steering.

Attachments

• 20211010_160119.jpg
    20211010_160119.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 20211010_145344.jpg
    20211010_145344.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 11
Thanks guys. I admit I'm not very knowledgeable in the baja department. So again thanks for the help. But as far as the chassis and everything else this outlaw build is very simple and straightforward, the parts fit perfectly and are of top quality. Tbh I wish I built this first, I really do like the accessibility in the chassis area compared to the vekta and baja, so far..😆..till that 88 engine and giant pipe take up all the room when she comes. Should be here this week..Lots and lots of waiting for my parts on this build. Mostly because their splash process is a bit more time consuming, and a little mistake missing like 2k in parts😳, but all is well and sorted 🤑🤘

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks