Porting Templates

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rodknee

Correct me if I'm wrong but an American firm dark soul was selling porting templates some yrs ago

Now I've got an original 26cc hpi donk and a 29cc no name spare engine lying around both running. Wouldn't mind giving this a go and I've got a useless 30cc no name brand I'd like to butcher, sorry practice on

Anywhere a noob can purchase these or are they worth nothing

Yr thoughts are appreciated. Cheers

Not sure who has them anymore if anyone.
The set I have are from DarkSoul Racing, but I don't see any in stock anywhere anymore.

Wouldn't say it is a huge gain, but is slightly helpful, as every modification seems to be.
Finding the right ones that work well together is the key that most Good performance engine builders use.

I have only ever seen one picture of those and they were only for modifying the transfer port bowls in the CC.Basically like a heavy steel gasket with slightly larger cutouts. That mod on its own will do very little to the performance.Exhaust/intake/transfer ports are far more important.Anything more than lessening the areas that impede flow in the CC will do more harm than good IMO. These motors are known to have low fuel air velocity already and making the wrong area bigger will only make it worse. My current engine I filled the transfer bowls with JB weld so they were a flat ramp into the transfers, (along with quite a bit of cylinder porting). The motor totally rips.

I have done the jb weld on the transfer bowls to remove the excess case volume as well as inside of the piston. It works but there is always the chance of it coming apart and causing damage! If it's a poop engine for experimental purposes trial and error can be rewarding if you port the head the correct way not going overboard.

I would be hesitant to put it inside the piston. There should not be an issue with using it in the transfer bowls as long as the surface is well cleaned with acetone or something similar, and the epoxy is mixed very thoroughly.

I would be hesitant to put it inside the piston. There should not be an issue with using it in the transfer bowls as long as the surface is well cleaned with acetone or something similar, and the epoxy is mixed very thoroughly.

Yeah the only way I got it out was to grind it out.. It's some strong stuff!

ok thanx for the reply fellas, after spending some hrs on the net, i found a reasonable guide to have a crack at an engine..ill use the 30cc donk to 'experiment' with....it would be great to meet someone who could show me the basics........id love to join a club but im working 7 days and have been for a while so taking a day of to thrash cars round a track wont happen for another year me thinks

see wot happens, muchly appreciated for da response

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks