Primal Raminator Electric Conversion!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickDizzle

Isaiah 41:10
PLUS member
Build Thread Contributor
Well for a bunch of folks requested it...it is in testing..a full blown electric conversion for the Raminator. For how big and heavy this rig is, the conversion has got to have some power behind it. Look at how much torque it has and how it wheelies on demand...wow. Here is a quick video of it on 8s. I will keep my ears and eyes open to this for more info for everyone.⚡⚡

Agreed Z. While this thing has tons of torque and is super cool. Something weird about it being so quite. I think this will help their market though as so many people wanted an electric version. I am curious to see the set up on it as it runs on 8s. Its also supposed to be liquid cooled too. Pretty intresting.

As much as I love my 2 stroke rigs I really like that, more than the petrol powered one. I'd be curious to see what run time was, but being electric does allow it to be ran where you cant run a piston powered truck.
And as for noise, needs to be a v8 for scale rather than 2 stroke.

Wheres the noise man! @RickDizzle you of all people were after true scale and ive yet to see an electric monster truck.
@Rep732 , oh I am not going electric...this my first gas rig and not looking back now! Brap Life for me! Lol. More a less posting as so many folks have wanted an E version. Not gonna lie, I am impressed with the immediate torque for such a big rig. Also think my neighbors would appreciate an electric rig over the 2 stroke lolol! ? As for real life electric monster truck...Bob Chandler and the Bigfoot racing team actually created and run a full electric 1:1 monster truck...super weird how quite it is lol!

I purchased the raminator ,before it arrived , I watched every video , talked to RC max , Steve at ddm , Allan at primal , and medic through Facebook about the power of the stock motor , after all that , I ordered the t.m.r. motor before I had the truck ! Nope not gunna go there , but I have to say I would never ever pay to see or own a electric monster truck , but I would like to see a improvement in ear protection ?if you stood next to the ram with RC max engine running , I don't think your gunna wanna go look at the electric version and try to figure out if it's running or not , don't get me wrong here I own prolly 15 eletric crawlers and arrmas , and losis , after getting this RC max ram done , now I'm all excited about this axial RYFT , I'm thinking I need to be checked or get some serious help , my bills always come first , but just can't get enuff of this addiction , been involved in it since I was 18 , and I think I just had my 63rd celibration of my creation anyways , there's a place and a time for gas or electric , and monster trucks is no place for anything that won't shake the ground ! ?

As an owner of E-Ram with upgrades on bruslless kit i have to say that it has nothing to do with the stock engine. On 8s lipos is already much faster with more torque. On 10s the wheelies are necessary. On 12s and more its amazing. i believe in 12s its much better that any 50cc tuned engine.

Video on 12s lipos

Video on 15s lipos

It's all good , if you want E , that's your choice , just like ground pounding sounds and trench digging tires is my choice , I have all kinds of e word rigs there a blast for sure ! But my maxinator is loud n proud cuz that's what I like about it , that e word raminator is also cool , but where the hell would you feel safe while storing those batteries !! 🤣

I looked at the electric conversion too as I was disappointed in the performance of the stock engine
It is less expensive to get the electric conversion then the 50 or 80 but you have to add the cost of batteries and chargers to the mix
It would have been cheaper for me to go with electric as I have batteries and chargers already but the big ram needs an actual engine and needs to be loud!
I like how they did the conversion though by using a clutch on an electric motor so you could swap between gas and electric if you wanted to

It's all good , if you want E , that's your choice , just like ground pounding sounds and trench digging tires is my choice , I have all kinds of e word rigs there a blast for sure ! But my maxinator is loud n proud cuz that's what I like about it , that e word raminator is also cool , but where the hell would you feel safe while storing those batteries !! 🤣
I agree that Ram must be loud because is a Ram. But to have the power of 12s or even better of 15s you have to go straight on 80cc engine. If you play with the Ram on wheelies everything else after that is not enough.....

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks