primer bulb not filling up with fuel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mirza

Reading the Rules!
tried starting up the fg baja today bt for some reason the primer bulb would not fill up with fuel, ive pressed it a good 40 times- pulled the pull start a few time but still no luck. anyone know what the problem could be

How long since you last run it & have you had the carb off or fuel lines off? Check the clunk is in the bottom of the tank as it may have lodged itself up out of the fuel - has been known before. As above also check for pinched lines and flow & return lines on the carb the right way.

i had the same prob with my marder.
i hadn't started it for 4 months and it worked fine last time.
but i just couldnt get it to pull fuel through.
so i just took the carb off all the pipes off and just squeezed the bulb a couple of times.
put it back in the fuel pot and it worked great.
worth a shot.
halifax

How olds the fuel primer, Fuel lines? maybe its time to replace these ! Also carbie or fuel tank vent could be blocked!

Thanks for the info fellas, ive managed to fix the problem. i think i had air stuck in the engine as the spark plug was rock solid to take off soon as i got that off cleaned it up then put it back in, pulled the pull start ones and it fired then i pressed the primer bulb and fuel came up then i new it was going to start so i took it outside, kicked it again and it started :)

halifx- your problem seems similar to mine i hadn't started mine for a good few month either.

no prime

check the bulb very carefully for little cracks. i have several pieces of stihl lawn equipment. bulbs kept cracking. finally now they are replacing with a new compound material to with stand the effects of ethanol. works great now

check the bulb very carefully for little cracks. i have several pieces of stihl lawn equipment. bulbs kept cracking. finally now they are replacing with a new compound material to with stand the effects of ethanol. works great now

ive sorted the probem now, thanks

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks