Pro Boat Zelos 48G

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PortCityRC

LSF Plus Member
PLUS member
Build Thread Contributor
Figured I'll start a thread for my Zelos 48" catamaran project that Ive had few years. She tossed the cookies in the original Zenoah 300pum a couple summers back(assumed I sucked in some sand in the wide open v stack)bin a flip over. So replaced the engine with a Gizmo motors GZM 30+ full mod with a billet block. Added the Bonzi sports "cool head." Also replaced the weak stock clutch with a billet unit from Bonzi Sports along with their tuned pipe. Swapped out the stock 3 blade prop with an ABC 2 blade fully balanced and sharpened copper beryllium speed prop. Added a pulse line into the carb insulator block to be able to run a water pump so she stays nice and cool at idle while tuning or idling in the water. Currently still running the Spektrum electronics. Will be swapping out for futaba soon for finer adjustments. Only things I'd like to change at the moment is the electronics box out to a sealed unit and swap the factory throttle rod out for the cable setup.
Running factory carb settings and running my vekta mix @ 25:1 castor/c12 more vids to come soon.

Attachments

• GOPR0488_1623550370966.JPG
    GOPR0488_1623550370966.JPG
    290.4 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_20210612-225102_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20210612-225102_Video Player.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 15
  • GOPR0487_1623560086822_2.JPG
    GOPR0487_1623560086822_2.JPG
    260.7 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Yeah buddy! A bit choppy today but just couldn't resist. My other spot is full of vegetation right now. Ahh and you just reminded me about the exhaust @Rep732. It wasn't a direct swap for my hull, the piping was the same diameter, but had to step bit the exhaust exit and add their exhaust tip which I also dremeled out to the max to slip my tuned pipe in. I'll post up some pics of my end results.

A little thing I found out when building this is I bought their header and cut to fit everything nicely in my hull. These engines require 13.5 inches from the bend in the header to the bell of the pipe to run properly and to pull proper rpms.

If you do I honestly recommend buying just the hull and load with your goodies, these hulls go on discount from time to time and your bonzi build is where it's at brother. If I were to build another it will be bonzis skater 47 or 60 in their custom blue with carbon fiber. Or a fountain v hull something like yours. I've always been fond of them
This engine is a beautiful work of art. Folks are outta florida. I kept thinking I had the bonzi zx4 but then found my receipts. I remember the billet block option sold me. I was also thinking I had the bonzi engine because I added their billet cool head and clutch setup. Got myself there🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
I've seen people having to tweak the pro boats like you did with water intake and ive seen the zelos clutch conversion on bonzi. Agreed bonzi has awesome quality so I couldn't pass them up and I wasn't digging the zelos for the price but now seeing how much it costs for the bonzi the zelos price ain't so bad. The skaters are awesome looking but once I seen the 2nd to largest boat hull was within the budget I went that way

Is that over near the nuke plant? It's funny that's calm for the lake but when the boat is only 4ft long those little rollers are like 3 foot waves to the little boat. Would be interesting to see how fast it is on
Yep I'm in Scriba at my camp in between the nuke plant and the city. I'm dying for some glass water. Very calm first thing in the mornings Definitely when you scale them waves to 1/5 it was like hitting ocean rollers🤣.. the air seems pretty calm right now though so I'm heading out. I'll get some more vids🤘

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks