problem with front gearbox skidplate screws

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simon67

All the best for new year lads,
i've just bought the losi 5ive-t and noticed the sticky,
so i took the screws out of the front of the car, the part where the front of the skidplate joins the front diff houseing and all 4 were 16mm not 20.
could somebody tell me are these the correct screws that i have removed and is it only the front 2 screws that need to be 20mm or is it all 4 and what about the rear 4 screws,? in the rear of the skidplate to diff, what size should they be?.
If any body has the correct screws i would be gratefull for any help.
thanks simon.:eek:

Last edited:
all 4 bolts can be changed to 20mm

losi-5ive-screw-locations.jpg

Last edited:
all 4 bolts can be changed to 20mm

losi-5ive-screw-locations.jpg
thanks very much mate, have cut some longer 6mm bolts down for now until i get my new ones from webbs of frodsham.
I checked the threads were right first and was lucky enough they were, so i may as well do the other two, but what about the 4 at the back, do they need doing or are they ok ?.
thanks again simon :).

i haven't ran my car(LOSI 5ive-t) yet but just looking at it, it looks so easy to work on just like my nitro buggys and truggys that i'v had for years, exactly the same layout, just like a big ass nitro buggy on steds. without the messing of the nitro.

I think their both great trucks but most guys wanted a 4wd for easier handling im more of a 2wd guy and love the challenge of the 2wd setup

You could be right about some people, but I personaly got the losi because 4wd is better, you are getting a lot more for almost the same money and losi is a serious and established racing brand with a race proven design and will always be dearer than a hpi baja simply because its better.
You gets what you pays for.
No disrespect intended.
Cheers simon

Last edited:
I was a big fan of the Hong nor 1/8 racing truggy, they were winning everything,
Then came along the losi. 8 truggy and guess what there was a new sheriff in town, they had taken there chassis layout from their championship winning losi 8 buggy and it worked again.
Then came 1/10th elec. Shortcoarse, Team associated were the team to beat, the losi ten scte did it, no prizes for guessing were they took the chassis lay out from, oh! Yeah, the losi8 buggy.
So now we know where they have got the design for their Losi 5ive t.
On paper imo. The only truck that can test the LOSI 5 t is the mcd w5 and thats because its a race runner with truck wheels and hasn't been scaled up.
Cheers buddy

so why sell the mcd v4 to buy a losi ?
I expected that question barry, i have to admit i was never comfortable with the power of that mcd, i always thought something was going to give and if it did i knew very little about the car as i had never worked on one let alone one as ballistic as that.
If i had had a standard one before and been familiar with its 4wd system, i almost certainly would have kept it.
i am definitely a lot more familiar with the nitro truggy set up and when i had a look at the losi 5ive at webbies, i could see it was just a big buggy set up,(right up my street) and a well proven set up to boot.
I will be getting the mcd w5 at some point, i want to have them both and do some times, one driver two top cars and completely different systems and chassis.
Which will be the best, the proven 1/5th mcd set up or the proven 1/10, 1/8th set ups.
Its a shame about the weight advantage with the mcd, it will taint the end result.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
probably shouldn't of sold that mcd, i could of bought the losi5 anyway but i had just spent £420 on a Losi ten sct-e for racing and thought i may be going too far and now i have no mcd. crap

I was a big fan of the Hong nor 1/8 racing truggy, they were winning everything,
Then came along the losi. 8 truggy and guess what there was a new sheriff in town, they had taken there chassis layout from their championship winning losi 8 buggy and it worked again.
Then came 1/10th elec. Shortcoarse, Team associated were the team to beat, the losi ten scte did it, no prizes for guessing were they took the chassis lay out from, oh! Yeah, the losi8 buggy.
So now we know where they have got the design for their Losi 5ive t.
On paper imo. The only truck that can test the LOSI 5 t is the mcd w5 and thats because its a race runner with truck wheels and hasn't been scaled up.
Cheers buddy

I have to disagree about the losi ten scte I eat them for lunch in my durango :p

I have to disagree about the losi ten scte I eat them for lunch in my durango :p
And good on ya to mate, its a pitty you weren't in the championships and losi wouldn't have won, never mind next time aye.
But on a serious note, the durango is a top car and well respected, if a bit dear.
All the best pal.:)

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks