Problem with my baja 5b hpi

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fe12dus

Just got my self a used baja 5b.My pulling starter string stop working.so I ordered one on eBay.just got new one fitted.now the baja starts but the engine cuts off within 10 second.what could be the problem?

It’s 990 carb
Could it be the new pulling starter I put on that cousin the problem
No definetly won't be the pull start causing it to cut.
Your problem is most likely the tune, reset the carb needles to the settings Phil has posted above
1 1/8 L
1 5/8 H
When resetting the needles be careful not to tighten them closed or you wil damage them, just slowly until they stop??
Btw 1 1/8 L means 1 full turn out plus 1/8 of a turn from closed

Pictures of your baja would really help . Also you have a steep learning curve because you don't understand the terminology we are using . The first thing you need to do is download the HPI 5B manual if you didn't get one with the buggy . You can google it . The odds are the spacer between the carb and the engine may be warpped or the hardware holding it could be slightly loose. As mention there could be gunk in the carb . Also before filling it with gas you probably should have looked at the fuel lines inside the gas tank they may have shrunk and hardened . Which means they will need replacing.

Don't get discouraged and have fun.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks