Problems with my Losi 5ive 2.0

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baja_killer

Bought Losi new in December, First tank went great impressed with the power and handling,

2nd tank i started getting issues near the end of the tank started to raise RPM's uncontrollable which caused the truck to speed up with very little control and forced me to use kill switch to kill engine for safety. i assumed it just leaned out nearing the end of the tank.

3rd tank after starting engine up straight of the bat started to rev up and spin it wheels luckily i always use a stand when starting so wheels were off the ground! i adjusted the the idle screw which seemed to work and back down to a normal idle, during the run that day it started to do the same thing just revving up on its own even when braking! i ended the session early and called it a day as i'm completely stumped.

started it up again on my work bench and it's doing it again! its the same sort of situation you'd get if the throttle was sticking open but its not when i let the trigger go its running away its self even through braking only when i open throttle up full a few times and brake couple of times it goes back to idle but the idle is very inconstant!!

Completely stuck i'm just wondering if any of you guys have experienced or know how to resolve the issue any pointers.

Thank in advanced guys. :)

P.S. i have a video but i don't know how to upload :rolleyes:

I'm gonna guess that your engine is broken in and the ring has seated. Probably need to make an adjustment to the low speed needle. I'd start with @dougstar 's recommendation first and snug up the carb bolts and check for leaks.

throttle linkage isn't caught as i had it on stand and it was just going on its own very frustrating lol

trim as all ok its intermitting
Being on a stand wouldn't really matter. These linkages can get bound up and not return to idle. Its happened to me before. When you said after applying breaks a few times it went back to normal really makes it sound like bound linkage. Have you inspected the linkage travel with the car off, and confirmed its fully returned to idle?

Check for leaks . You said at first it was ok and as you drove got worse .? I'd say carb bolts may be loose
Break in - it was running fine second tank nearing the end i noticed the issues, i will check carb bolts and snug them up if needed. thanks
I'm gonna guess that your engine is broken in and the ring has seated. Probably need to make an adjustment to the low speed needle. I'd start with @dougstar 's recommendation first and snug up the carb bolts and check for leaks.
Definitely no leaks everything is clean but i will check the bolts holding carb together and just snug up a little. hope thats all it is because i'm completely baffled lol
Being on a stand wouldn't really matter. These linkages can get bound up and not return to idle. Its happened to me before. When you said after applying breaks a few times it went back to normal really makes it sound like bound linkage. Have you inspected the linkage travel with the car off, and confirmed its fully returned to idle?
Yes thats the first thing i checked also checked carb settings and adjusting L speed needle while running nothing is stopping it from having a mind of its own haha

Also possible,what controller and receiver are you using?
They might be glitching.
Test controller and receiver.
Try rebinding to eliminate that as a cause.
Test servos,they can be gliching also.
Using a DX5 PRO, i tested all of this already as i had it running on stand and was watching the servos along with the linkage setup and nothing glitched or moved it just went off on its own! frustrating as its a brand new truck and problems started to occur on 2nd tank. i expected bogging etc.. as carbs would be too rich after break in but never expected this

Just because it is new, doesn't mean it won't have air leaks. Pull the carb, check gaskets, check your lines, spray around the carb and engine to double check. Sounds like an air leak to me, specially if its revving up and the throttle linkage isnt moving

It’s sucking air inside through either the manifold gasket or the cylinder gasket..

it’s happened to me in the past they look fine and they may be snug, just replace them both and don not over tighten them

Bought Losi new in December, First tank went great impressed with the power and handling,

2nd tank i started getting issues near the end of the tank started to raise RPM's uncontrollable which caused the truck to speed up with very little control and forced me to use kill switch to kill engine for safety. i assumed it just leaned out nearing the end of the tank.

3rd tank after starting engine up straight of the bat started to rev up and spin it wheels luckily i always use a stand when starting so wheels were off the ground! i adjusted the the idle screw which seemed to work and back down to a normal idle, during the run that day it started to do the same thing just revving up on its own even when braking! i ended the session early and called it a day as i'm completely stumped.

started it up again on my work bench and it's doing it again! its the same sort of situation you'd get if the throttle was sticking open but its not when i let the trigger go its running away its self even through braking only when i open throttle up full a few times and brake couple of times it goes back to idle but the idle is very inconstant!!

Completely stuck i'm just wondering if any of you guys have experienced or know how to resolve the issue any pointers.

Thank in advanced guys. :)

P.S. i have a video but i don't know how to upload :rolleyes:
Hi, I'm having the same problem, did you ever fix this? what was the problem. thanks

Been a while since i last updated my situation i'm 13 tanks into my 5ive 2.0 absolutely love it despite it occasionally accelerating itself. I've found out what the issue is now after servicing the car twice i never noticed it before. The issue was with the carbs butterfly it was never fully closed and lose just needed tightening up. I've bought the same 1107 carb but the mod version of it as i tend to bash it in this winter weather apparently its a lot better than the standard 1107 please advise as i can always return it as its still unused.

Thank you :)90AC5DFA-E195-4B0D-B12B-A5326CBBA3D1.jpeg8D6E5727-7DAC-482A-A76D-D3E2599B3298.jpegFC316846-9311-4991-A336-8602005D14E5.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks