Project OJ - Losi 5 build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm Back. Ran the truck for the first time in a month:):). Maybe Ran it a bit too hard and mangled the truck a bit. My plans for the build series are still on hold, I just had to drop $25,000 into my business:sick::sick::sick: but still wanna keep the truck functional.
1. destroyed my body (cant believe how weak the lexan is) and cracked the tabs that hold the cage into the rear bumper
2. Both steering servos are on the fritz also stripped the servo horns as well
3. broke the exhaust dampening mount

today i ordered
30n body and cage
22t vertigo pinion
2 new servo horns
(already own 2 new steering servos)
rc rock armor brake bracket

My build plans for spring are rcmax 65, rcmax chassis and diffs upgrade drive cups and shafts and then undecided on the tire wheel combo:cool:
also took the engine and electronics tray out of the truck and went to power wash everything because the rig is filthy and then realized that i winterized all the hoses for the winter and have no water:eek::eek::eek:. anyone have any recommendations on easy ways to do a proper cleaning?:unsure:

If going rcmax65 the only tires I think will hold up are the IRP’s

And a good air compressor, little bit of degreaser and a couple microfiber towels should do the trick ??
yeah they are about to build on my dirt lot so it looks like ill be turning into a field ripper. do you think knobs or spikes are my best bet?

i have everything i need for the air compressor route just was hoping i didnt need to invest an hour + into cleaning

Hey guys I am pretty happy with the way this truck is right now. I do really want a big bore build though. I’m thinking I want to buy a Baja and build that and leave my 5ive as a reliable basher. Do you guys recommend or should I buy the Baja as a basher and build the Losi?

Cost less to build a Baja imo ?? losi drive train can't handle bigger power like a baja??
Hey guys I am pretty happy with the way this truck is right now. I do really want a big bore build though. I’m thinking I want to buy a Baja and build that and leave my 5ive as a reliable basher. Do you guys recommend or should I buy the Baja as a basher and build the Losi?

Ok so I got everything fixed up. Nothing to show on the inside. Only switched to a 22t pinion and then added a brace for the brake servo and then replaced a few things with stock parts. Got the 30n cage and body put on.
983D73E1-211D-436D-92B3-1ED126038B97.jpegEC1FE12B-41D7-4923-882D-73AC06BEC971.jpeg
Not stoked about the back part of the cage. Do you guys chop that section off? Also is the gap from the roof to the side supposed to be that much?88E1B4D0-7896-4258-8639-C7EE76ADD68E.jpeg219E29DD-282D-4A3D-8DF5-F4E40B7AF6B2.jpeg

Thought about cutting the back off also, but left mine. I didn't install the mud flaps tho. I have the same gap between the roof and door.
I think it would look better without the flaps and the extra bit of the cage it’s attached to. I know it would weaken that part of the body mount though

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks