Project OJ - Losi 5 build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey m8 question, do you ever find urself bored driving ur 5ive t ? Also , how hard is it to drive?
I want a 5t, but I am scared I will get bored of it since I come from Bajas, which are fairly hard to control .
The 5t with an full mod or sig is for sure fun. They are easy to drive but if you feel that you are getting too much traction you can get tires with less bite. I have a lot of fun with my losi on a field set up with traffic cones. I wouldn’t worry about getting bored
I think I will. Hopefully I can get one before the end of summer . But Idk .. if not I'll be doing a build ?
Sell or trade your rig as a roller and put your full mod in the losi. Get a losi that’s close to stock and upgrade whatever breaks when it does or when you think you can get better performance. You’ll have loads of fun for a small investment and minimal Upgrades “needed” obviously you can go crazy on upgrades like I did but most of the time I needed to buy a $5 part but it turned into a $300 order

Last edited:
The 5t with an full mod or sig is for sure fun. They are easy to drive but if you feel that you are getting too much traction you can get tires with less bite. I have a lot of fun with my losi on a field set up with traffic cones. I wouldn’t worry about getting bored

Sell or trade your rig as a roller and put your full mod in the losi. Get a losi that’s close to stock and upgrade whatever breaks when it does or when you think you can get better performance. You’ll have loads of fun for a small investment and minimal Upgrades “needed” obviously you can go crazy on upgrades like I did but most of the time I needed to buy a $5 part but it turned into a $300 order
I was thinking about my options. I would prefer to trade my truck whole for a Losi locally but I have my doubts weather that will happen or not. My other options are sell the chassis an pipe and put it into a losi (roller it not) or just sell everything and do a whole new build (that would be if I can't get something in the summer, cuz a whole build takes a while) .
But first I need to fix my crap ?‍♂️?

Last edited:
I was thinking about my options. I would prefer to trade my truck whole for a Losi locally but I have my doubts weather that will happen or not. My other options are sell the chassis an pipe and put it into a losi (roller it not) or just sell everything and do a whole new build (that would be if I can't get something in the summer, cuz a whole build takes a while) .
But first I need to fix my crap ?‍♂️?
Just an idea though... why not finish your build to the point where it can take a few tanks and enjoy it then when you have succeeded with your build and your happy then move on

Just an idea though... why not finish your build to the point where it can take a few tanks and enjoy it then when you have succeeded with your build and your happy then move on
Cuz I actually want to run my rig instead if it breaking every single run and waiting for parts. Will take a ton of time and money to get it reliable and I actually want to run and not just keep throwing money at it.
To be fair, it is a pretty basic build. But it's unreliable as fek and for how much I've spent I could have a fast and reliable Losi for about the same that will take 10x the abuse for 10x longer.

Took some pics of my rear diff upgrade ?? was wondering if you have made a plan for yours?‍♂️ mod rears oversized bearings and inserts ??20200709_102416.jpg
Seems as if my diff housing is starting to give up I have play right where the metal guide bushing goes inView attachment 60203
If you notice in the photo the hole is starting to elongate. On a scale from 1-10 how much of a problem is this? I think it may strip the ring or pinion as it gets worse. Am I right?

Last edited:
Cuz I actually want to run my rig instead if it breaking every single run and waiting for parts. Will take a ton of time and money to get it reliable and I actually want to run and not just keep throwing money at it.
To be fair, it is a pretty basic build. But it's unreliable as fek and for how much I've spent I could have a fast and reliable Losi for about the same that will take 10x the abuse for 10x longer.
ZEE,that's point, your finally starting to grow up (some anyway).
The return on investment is negative with the baja as you said about the amount you've spent already. At some point it's time to move on to something that just works or help keep the rc passion going.
So then you'll have a reliable rig,while planning out your ultimate dream baja.
As people change(get older), so do their tastes.
You might love the losi and say - why did I waste all that time + money fixing the old baja.
Food for thought.....?

ZEE,that's point, your finally starting to grow up (some anyway).
The return on investment is negative with the baja as you said about the amount you've spent already. At some point it's time to move on to something that just works or help keep the rc passion going.
So then you'll have a reliable rig,while planning out your ultimate dream baja.
As people change(get older), so do their tastes.
You might love the losi and say - why did I waste all that time + money fixing the old baja.
Food for thought.....?
Think you nailed it ?

The heart is back together 50% chance I rebuilt it wrong somehow :unsure: I always end up with left over screws no matter what I disassemble and put back together ?‍♂️ E1BB0357-A1B7-4BCC-975C-014AFF154605.jpegB7F8B978-2B15-4B62-8529-95CB4656005D.jpeg7E0F77A5-C06A-435B-ADEB-1AE27B6250AE.jpeg

put in a bartolone racing velocity stack, the quality is mint(y) air filter won’t fall off ever again.

mom another note this engine will most likely be replaced with an rcmax 40 or 50 and this engine will go with my Baja but who knows?‍♂️

How come it got a rebuild?‍♂️
The heart is back together 50% chance I rebuilt it wrong somehow :unsure: I always end up with left over screws no matter what I disassemble and put back together ?‍♂️ View attachment 61273View attachment 61274View attachment 61275

put in a bartolone racing velocity stack, the quality is mint(y) air filter won’t fall off ever again.

mom another note this engine will most likely be replaced with an rcmax 40 or 50 and this engine will go with my Baja but who knows?‍♂️

Hey masterminds, I’m having an issue. I start the engine very easily about 2 pulls with choke on then turn choke off and it starts from 2 to 3 pulls. The problem is when I blip the throttle it sounds like the engine gets starved of fuel. Carb setting are 1 1/8L 1 5/8h on an 1107 carb. I tried inching the low speed needle up but besides a higher idle no noticeable difference. Video here

Please help! I’m guessing something in the carb is bad but I don’t know

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks