Project OJ - Losi 5 build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could be. Any time you change something major on the motor, it's a good idea to reset to factory needle settings and start over with your tune.

But of course, bear in mind that you will never get one of those motors to fire on the first pull. It's just the nature of how their fueling system is designed. But you should be getting it to kick over after 3 pulls if you did 2 slow pulls to get the fuel into the engine before yanking.

Could be. Any time you change something major on the motor, it's a good idea to reset to factory needle settings and start over with your tune.

But of course, bear in mind that you will never get one of those motors to fire on the first pull. It's just the nature of how their fueling system is designed. But you should be getting it to kick over after 3 pulls if you did 2 slow pulls to get the fuel into the engine before yanking.
Thanks guys will try this

So as it sits today based off my upgrades so far and what I’ve been able to find on the internet that is in my rig

30.5cc or 32cc kit w/ +2 striker Maybe esp (not sure which)
8k clutch
Vertigo clutch housing
Dark soul fly wheel
Turtle racing chassis braces
Walbro 990 carb
Ddm pro throttle linkage
Killer rc power switch
TLR bleeder shock caps
Orange springs w 45 wt oil
Proline blockades
Dark soul dual servo harness
Dual push pull servos
Bartolone racing dual servo bracket
Team fast eddy anti squat brace
Team chase skid plates
30north steering assembly
Fastlane center diff carrier
Bartolone tuned pipe
TLR front chassis brace

DD94EB9C-6A5F-4B8A-88E2-86BC92CB533F.jpeg
2C5A7E2A-B403-46B3-8BC6-1DB60680082A.jpeg
Waiting on my wrap for the body, ddm pro throttle linkage and quick disconnects for the fuel line.

Just a little trick from a former sign guy here.

When you are applying large decals to a curved body you need 2 things. A spray bottle with soapy water, and a rubber bondo scraper or soft plastic putty knife. You spray the surface of the car with the soapy water and align your decal. Then when you have it where you want it, you press it down and use the scraper to push the soapy water out from under the decal from the center and smooth the surface. You might still get some tiny air bubbles. You can pop these with a razor and smooth them out with the scraper.

I used to install giant die cut decals on full sized cars back in the day. This it the only way to get them perfect that I've found.

@misterleon you're wrap looks great. A few flips and knocks, and she'll look like a proper off-road beasty!

Just a little trick from a former sign guy here.

When you are applying large decals to a curved body you need 2 things. A spray bottle with soapy water, and a rubber bondo scraper or soft plastic putty knife. You spray the surface of the car with the soapy water and align your decal. Then when you have it where you want it, you press it down and use the scraper to push the soapy water out from under the decal from the center and smooth the surface. You might still get some tiny air bubbles. You can pop these with a razor and smooth them out with the scraper.

I used to install giant die cut decals on full sized cars back in the day. This it the only way to get them perfect that I've found.

@misterleon you're wrap looks great. A few flips and knocks, and she'll look like a proper off-road beasty!
Yeah I used a window tint kit. It had a spray bottle and scraper. The biggest problem I had was that some of the sections were cut along the parts where the curves on the body began so there wasn’t even material to hold the curve. If that makes sense. I’ll post a closer look at my problem areas

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks