Project OJ - Losi 5 build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bypassed the kill switch w/ same result

The pulse holes look like they line up

I’ll put a new spark plug in but I took the spark plug out and sat it on the cylinder and saw spark

Replaced the spark plug as well with no luck
Try the bag over the filter trick to act like a choke

No luck

Fuel quick connects? Dirty clunk? Swapped the fuel lines?
I got rid of the fuel quick disconnects and swapped the fuel lines. I have not checked the clunk
I took off the air filter and sprayed carb cleaner into The choke and it wouldn’t start still Im leaning towards the kill switch or ignition system being messed up, but I am getting spark from the spark plug. Tbh I’m confused

Last edited:
If you go that route, don't waste your money on that POS. Its a total dog. I'd get an rcmax 40gt or on FB you can probably find a decent deal on a lightly used 46 rcmax, I've seen a couple come up
I just got a 34cc esp zenoah from ddm and the killer bee kill switch. I was looking at the obr and then realized how much I’ve spent in the past month on this rig and wanted to throw up. I’m gonna get it running and then hold off on the build for now and just fix anything that breaks. Christmas is coming up and I’m about to hut my slow season....

Damn man, I don't know that I've seen these kinds of starting probs. Once you get that bolt out and your ignition back in place, try spraying around the isolator block and carb with some WD-40 while you pull to see if it will at least sputter. Could be that the carb gasket is split and causing a leak. If the gasket is toast, the pulse from the motor won't pull any fuel into the case from the carb, but will instead be vented out.

Just a thought.

Mmmmm for the same $$$ could of had an obr 34 reed long block only extra you'd need is a shroud $12?

To be honest this is only temporary. The only places I have to drive within an hour of me are large soccer fields. I’m probably going to turn this thing into a speed run truck and get some kind of big bore (maybe rc max 55 supreme). For the price I’m getting a new clutch, ignition coil and I can sell off everything I don’t need.
Damn man, I don't know that I've seen these kinds of starting probs. Once you get that bolt out and your ignition back in place, try spraying around the isolator block and carb with some WD-40 while you pull to see if it will at least sputter. Could be that the carb gasket is split and causing a leak. If the gasket is toast, the pulse from the motor won't pull any fuel into the case from the carb, but will instead be vented out.

Just a thought.

I wasn’t getting any sputter from spraying carb cleaner through the intake. I’m sure whatever is wrong with it is a simple fix. I’m gonna go back through and start from square 1. I know I’m missing something that’s super obvious. I have a new killswitch and motor on the way. When I took off the carb I noticed some deep scoring on the cylinder wall but was gonna hold off on replacing it or fixing it until I could swing an rc max. Now that the bolt is stuck in there I’m gonna consider it a sign from the universe to replace the motor.

Last edited:
got it up and running for my first break-in. started up fine after some tuning and ran it for about 25 minutes. when the engine shut off I took off the shell to inspect everything and noticed there was no fuel in the primer bulb and the whole carb was pretty hot and it wouldn't prime. I think something inside the carb melted. I'm going to blame the rb innovations isolator block. back on the bench she goes:poop::poop:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks