DBXL Pull Start Acting up on Brand New Engine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James H.

I got my new OBR G320 FM Reed Case Engine installed, and also installed a Victory RC Big Bore Pipe. Everything seemed ok for the first 2 times I started it to do some breaking in on the new motor until the Pull Start started not engaging the flywheel. I can just pull the string out without it engaging at all, but then after a few pulls it will engage. So I'm confused as to why it would be doing this being that it is a brand new engine and all. The engine has some decent compression, but it seems like it would be a good pull start.
Any thoughts as to what is going on??? I have seen a few videos on these big engines and guys having the same issue, but thought it was just inexperience on their part causing that issue. I'm very experienced in these small engines as far as weed eaters and hedge trimmers go, so I'm not one to just start YANKING on the pull start. I'm easy on it and only pull it about half way when turning the engine over, and I don't just pull it like crazy if the engine don't start first pull.
I have been looking at the Turtle Racing V2 pull start but wouldnt think I would need a new one so soon. Any Ideas guys???

I've had one pullstart act up the first day on my ESP 34, most have gone 1.5-2 months befor they die. Reminds me I need to service mine tonight. I've heard mixed reviews on the TR V2s so I buy stockers in bulk when I find a good deal.

Im still using my stocker that came on my HY30 still going strong, the trick is to keep it clean and lubed and position the crank befor you pull hard to keep wear on the paw at a minimum

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks