Pull start conversion help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Downeastah22

So my rovan 5b pull start is no good. I want to convert to the ez start but it looks like there back ordered like everything else due to rona. Is there anyway to start these like with a drill? Maybe drill hole through pull start cover and spin it over with a drill? Or is there another way to go about it?

Well let's start off by what is your issue for wanting to go with an EZ start? To be honest if you know how to properly start these you will pull on the cord no more than 4 times to get the rig running

Would i need to change flywheel for the zen pull start? Old flywheels damaged so either way i need both. Ill have to check out DDM
Also i don't need an ez start just something reliable

Last edited:
My problem was when wrapping it around the plastic wheel. I kinked it good and it never wanted to spring back all the way. Used a killerrc kit, did you make your own Rep?

I did. There's a little notch on the drum the cord wraps around. Every time you rotate the drum you have to put the cable in the notch so you can keep tightening it. Killer rc has a video on YouTube about how to wrap the cord. Or if you want set the tension then put the pull handle and then crimp the cord. Ive done it both ways

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks