Purchasing a 5B SS, essentials?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coryjac0b

I will be purchasing the 5b SS kit soon. Haven't decided on which radio rx/tx to get. Not sure on the best throttle servo to use. I've seen people talk about Amsoil 2-cycle oil, but don't know type is best.

What other essentials am i missing? As far as something you wouldn't run yours without.

I will be purchasing the 5b SS kit soon. Haven't decided on which radio rx/tx to get. Not sure on the best throttle servo to use. I've seen people talk about Amsoil 2-cycle oil, but don't know type is best.

What other essentials am i missing? As far as something you wouldn't run yours without.

Killer bee killswitch, Outterwear prefilter's, turtle racing clutch system, Good hitec servo, maxima 927 castor oil

Troy

Last edited:
Lots of bits to get, money pit comes to mind..

KillerBeeRC switch, depends on which TX you decide to get..

Outterwears for Air Filter and Pull start

Killer RC Shock Straps

I run a Savox 1256 throttle servo and find it a very good servo, hitecs are 1 of your other choices which work well..

Some things you can make such as windows and the crank case mesh mod can be done easliy too..

Turtle shock braces and front, tranny plate braces are a good upgrade plus Bumpers, either Uber or Worxs.. the list is endless..

I know there is an endless list of mods that can be done, But was just wondering what's the essential addons/mods people woukdn't run their car without.

I know there is an endless list of mods that can be done, But was just wondering what's the essential addons/mods people woukdn't run their car without.

The 5bss out of the box is very good, All you need to get going is a killerbee kill switch to prevent a runnaway, outterwear prefilters for the pullstart, airfilter and flywheel, good throttle servo, also a good two stroke oil, all these items i would'nt run my car without

Troy

Number one and in my opinion is mandatory for any large scale is a Killer Bee kill switch! Before you buy a radio go to Killer RC web site to see what radios are compatible with a kill switch.
http://www.killerrc.com/faq/comparison_chart.php

Next is the Turtle racing clutch system. He makes two enclosed and open. If you only run on road open is fine but if you run mostly off road I recommend the enclosed.
Yes all 3 Outerwares, air filter, pull starter and case.

I all so recommend the Turtle Racing front upper brace with a Scorpion lower chassis brace.

Good throttle break servo!

When you build it on the brake adjustment there is a spring. Do not put the spring on and use a piece of nitro fuel line instead.

There is more but the above in my opinion are the first up grades to do for durability.

sorry to butt in fellas, just building my first baja 5bss, i have ordered all the parts forthe conversion to the 5sc kit aswell. turtle clutch, outerwears air filter engine, darksoul toobz, rear turnbuckle, V3 super bee kill switch. futaba 3pm radio.
all recommended through forums.

I have managed to install all the mods at base build stage although the only item i'm struggling with is the uber bumper set RCUBER 113 front,
i cant find any info anywhere on how to install, any suggestions, i'm hoping to run it this weekend for the first time.
Any info is greatly appreciated

Kanga

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks