Quality components.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd get one but ....a dragon hammer....alixpress is the only way to get one. :unsure: in the UK there is "UK rc models" think that's what they called. Not sure about the US supplier?
Only way I know of is Ebay. I thought about getting one instead of the Kraken. More support here for the Kraken, so I went that route.

I'd get one but ....a dragon hammer....alixpress is the only way to get one. :unsure: in the UK there is "UK rc models" think that's what they called. Not sure about the US supplier?
Here the RC stores will be happy to take one home for you for a reasonable fee. It becomes a little more expensive but the warranty is suddenly worth the paper its written on and you don't have to send it back to Taiwan or China for a fix. No such thing in the UK?
Then how does turtle racing, losi tlr and some of the more expensive stuff compare.
It's also good. You all know that I don't trust a Chinese company before it has proven itself due to the Chinese national character (or lack thereof). Not unless they have a western/non communist owner who send in a neckbreather to the factory to keep checks and balances in order. This is usually my sole criterion before I throw down cash because all of it is made in China. Taiwan if you're lucky, they have a mindset regarding trade that are closer to what we expect. Chinese people don't buy chinese products and the few that do are looked down upon. They know the truth about what they are doing. There is a German brand which name keep escaping me. Very popular with racers here ,pretty costly because its made in Germany from top shelf materials. I will get back to you on that one.

Last edited:
Which parts are of higher quality?
All of the aluminum parts are upgrades for the V.5. Hubs, front and rear chassis braces, steering top mount, rear upper and lower trailing arms, split center diff design, aluminum diffs, aluminum shocks with boots, aluminum clutch carrier, etc. etc. Just looks to me like an all round better quality of parts. Now, a lot of the "standard" DH parts can be similarly purchased for the V.5, but at a large expense. And in fact will need to be purchased because some of the standard V.5 parts will just not hold up to bashing.

I think its a shame we have to pick and choose what we go for depending on where we live:rolleyes: it would be so sweet if we could have acsses to what ever rc rig and the parts we want/need. Oh well guess we cant have everthing
Yeah I agree, it sucks. Even tho I live in the US and we get most of the stuff, the UK/Europe get some nice ass stuff. Like for say bonehead RC, only in UK. I guess we can't have everything like I said. Kinda feel bad for You guys in Africa and places like that, can't get nothin without redicullous postage ☹️

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks