Question for peeps who know/have 1/4 scales

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You may also be able to look into the scale flight for tires / wheels. My great uncle had a huge plane that had some bigger 4 lug wheels on it. Hes been gone for some time now so I don't know where he got his stuff from
https://store.rc4wd.com/Wheels_c_16.html
I was looking into these guys for a scale 4x4 project I had dreamed up. The sight kinda sucks but they have some bigger off road type wheels and tires.

8 inch is common for go karts so I think I'll get sum cardboard and wrap it around my stock tires till it's 8 inch tall and see what it looks like tomarrow, I don't want it to look redicullous. 7 inch looks fine but I dunno bout 8.
Keep in mind these tires are temporary (unless I find a great 1/4 scale wheel/tire or something) until I can buy some brps

Every street tire I have seen or used has much less traction than off road tires. Many videos out there of Hostile, GRP, and others that didnt seem to get traction at all.
I took MadMax Giant Grip wheels/tires and sewed them with 100 lbs rated kevlar braided kite string, then CA glued them.
Not sure how fast you plan on going or if the slick is mostly for looks but this worked well for me...

This video shows the tires pretty well at 62mph. (I have had them up to 72.5mph)

Crap didn't have time today either but what can u expect, it's the first week after a long ass break so I'm slow but it is what it is. Tomarrow I have nothing to do since I did everything today just cuz I had spare time, so tomorrow Ill mock sum cardboard up and see.

SO I put sum cardboard on the wheels to see what the hight would look like, I'm kinda on the fence of weather it's looks stupid or Ok. What do u think ? little hard to imagine with it being brown tho. IMG_20190111_130819.jpgIMG_20190111_130756.jpgIMG_20190111_131008.jpgIMG_20190111_130956.jpgIMG_20190111_130827.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks