Quick Pics of the New GT5 R

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Guys,

Been messin' around with this thing for a few weeks getting it straight and figured I'd post a couple glamor shots before something happens to it.;) Now I'm just waiting on tires and shock oil so I can actually drive it.

Thanks for looking,

Paul.

Attachments

• m01.jpg
    m01.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 52
  • m02.jpg
    m02.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 43
  • m04.jpg
    m04.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 40
  • m05.jpg
    m05.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 39
  • m03.jpg
    m03.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 41
Hi,

Thanks.:) I must admit I did have problems with this body. It didn't fit very well and I had to cut the lips off the wheel wells to get it to fit. Funny thing is we bought two of these cars and the body off the other car fit totally different. I'm not sure where the problem is but I did notice that the body was quite a bit thinner on the left side compared to the right side.

Paul.

Hi Pete,

Well, I've had it out for a total of 10 minutes. So far both servos died and the tires refuse to hook up. I ordered and just got some new GRP tires and I replaced the servos with hitec units. Also got some shock oil to loosen up the suspension a bit.

Second outing should be better I hope.

Paul.

Hi Pete,

Well, I've had it out for a total of 10 minutes. So far both servos died and the tires refuse to hook up. I ordered and just got some new GRP tires and I replaced the servos with hitec units. Also got some shock oil to loosen up the suspension a bit.

Second outing should be better I hope.

Paul.

Yeah, I've heard the same thing about the tires, good choice on the GRP tires.

The electronics are usually the first thing I upgrade so thats no big deal, I hope the second run ends up with better results. Please keep us posted.

I saved my tires to put on my 4wd rally for drifting lol. I have modified the heck out of mine and was running tight with fg and lauterbacher so if you have any questions.

get some fg progressive rate springs too. yellow back and red front. the stock springs are too long and don't allow any droop. am running losi 30wt in back now and it hooks up good. I too run grp tires, extra soft rear and soft front. $43 a pair pre mount from fg supply

the paint looks good. also look at either gluing some foam to the front bumper to fill it in to the body or get an fg bumper set. the front bumper mount on mine bent and busted from a bump.

good luck, I am loving my gt5r

Hi Pipeous,

I saved my tires to put on my 4wd rally for drifting lol.

About the only thing the stock tires are good for is making doughnuts.:D Well, their also good for display.:cool:

I cut my springs to 60mm which allowed the suspension to move. FG springs are currently not available in the States, at least the ones I want. I did get FG shock oil, 7K for the front and 5K for the rear. I took the shocks apart yesterday, WOW that stock oil was like honey! I'm putting a couple more reliefs in the pistons to loosen them up a bit more. I got my GRP tires from FG Supply but I paid 58.00 a pair!! When did you get them for 43.00?!?

Paul.

not long ago I bought them. and to get the springs from them, just drop an email. they fixed me up with a lot of stuff that said out of stock on the site, and they can ship parts in in a few days from the supplier. the progressive rate springs are a direct fit

watch your chassis flex too. I could change my throttle by pushing on the rear body mount

the only thing I never tried with the stock tires was soaking them in diesel to soften the rubber. I have a redcat rally though and some big car drifting should be fun. won't hurt my feelings wearing those tires out

Hi Pipeous,

I called up and talked to them at FG Supply, somehow they only had 1 red spring and no yellows. It took about 2 weeks for them to ship the shock oil and tires, not so great on customer service.

Last night I was able to run a full tank with one minor problem. The square boss that holds the rear brake disks came loose and hung up on the engine block locking it up. I swear I checked and loctited every bolt but apparently I missed that one, lol. I didn't have any issues with chassis flex that was noticeable. I do have to work on softening up the rear brakes, they lock up a bit to early for me. The medium compound GRP tires work great and I've got the suspension working quite well.

I tried 2 different tire compounds on the stock tires, their just not suitable for this car.

Paul.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks