Quick question about certain rovan engines.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm doing an experiment and am wondering if the g320 crankcase works with the rovan 45cc or atleast 36cc engine.
just had a look on rcmodelz site mate, looks like the 45cc only works with the 45 case,
but the rovan clone case works with either the 32cc or the 36cc,
so i'd assume the zenoah g320 case would work with the 36 and 32 rovan top ends,
not 100% sure though ,

edit; just had another look and accoding to rcm site the 36cc top end does work with the zenoah g320 cases (y)

Last edited:
I'm doing an experiment and am wondering if the g320 crankcase works with the rovan 45cc or atleast 36cc engine.
The Rovan 34cc and 36cc engines use a different crankcase than the 42 / 45 / 46 engines. Also all the < and including the 32cc engines are a different style crankcase than the 34 / 36 engines. I found this out when I was trying to find correct bottom end gasket / seal kits. The Rovan 34 / 36 cc engines use an oddball case.

I put this Rovan / CY engine bore / stroke quick reference chart together in attempts to help clear some confusion (post #3)

top end swap | Large Scale RC Forums (largescaleforums.com)

Ok I think I learned how the crankcase scheming works after viewing this of all places. https://www.davesmotors.com/Products/Complete-Engines-and-Engine-Parts

I'm thinking about starting a youtube channel. My first video is gonna be extremely interesting. Let's just say "big power on the cheap".
Do it do it do it?
I did a 32cc ESP/Zenoah Head on a Rovan bottom end and it works , as far as I can tel for a 32cc-36cc it should ???? work on 45cc NO IDEA
Goo on son get in there?

Ok I have one more question. Only the most experienced engine builders may know this one ?. What is the top end bolt spacing in the g320?
Have to measure when I get home. Although I'm more interested in bolt spacing for the 45cc. Tell you what I'll measure mine. You measure yours and well swap numbers ?

Ok I have one more question. Only the most experienced engine builders may know this one ?. What is the top end bolt spacing in the g320?
soooo, just had a measure myself,
g320 outside to outside =51mm,
inside to inside = 41mm
centre to centre of hole =46mm,
38mm bore,
inlet port 23mm x 12mm
exhaust port 21mm x 12mm,
outer diameter of skirt at bottom of cylinder = 45mm

rovan 45 outside to outside =51.5mm
inside to inside = 40.5mm
centre to centre of hole = 45.5mm
43mm bore,
inlet port 23.5mm x 13mm,
exhaust port 27mm x 14mm
outer diameter of skirt at bottom of cylinder = 46mm
all measurements done with a vernier

few side by side pics, g320 on the left,

Yeah gimme measurements guys. Make sure its right. Im making custom parts and might wind up with a custom engine if possible.
I was referring to a different top end that may be able to be used in the rovan case. I'm sure @spents got the measurements spot on. I just can't get past the crap open transfer design. Much better top ends exist imo. I just didnt want to buy a case if it wasnt going to work.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks