Quick question, what throttle servo you got?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonny

I'm in the market for a new throttle servo after 3 servos have died on my (1 x hitec 645 & 2 x tower pro's).

What have you got and how do you rate it?

Thanks

Jonny

i have not had any issues with my 645's , its the hitec 805's that i have the problem with failing
but it all depends on your budget for a servo . i have heard great things on the Ace Servos "ds 1015"

its a bit pricy, but well worth the cost of admission.

JR Z9000T 282 oz/in of torque at 6v and .15 response time at 6v 115.00 usd.

ACE DS1015 x 2. one for throttle/Rear brake, and the other for Front Hydraulics.

VERY fast, they state it is 0.108sec/60degrees at no load.. I have a distinkt feeleing, that that figure is an uderstatement. It "feels" and looks at least twice as fast as the 0.15/60 degrees servos it replaced.(BMS-660MG)

Remember that whatever Servo you use, set the End points, so that you don't overload the servos. Wrong End Points will shorten their lifespan a LOT.
With Digi servos you can actually kill the servo in minutes, if End Points are wrong.

Last edited:
Yes that something i will be doing when i get the servo tonight as not setting the endpoints killed one of my servos when i turned off my spekky TX and the RX went into full break for half an hour whilst packed away in my 1:1 car :(

those are some nice servos Rex. don't see many of them here in the States, and they carry a gold covered price tag on them when you do. lol

Yes that something i will be doing when i get the servo tonight as not setting the endpoints killed one of my servos when i turned off my spekky TX and the RX went into full break for half an hour whilst packed away in my 1:1 car :(

Ahhh, I've almost done that 2!:oops: :crying:

Really? i ve only seen then in one hobby shop online, so i just ASSuMEd it was a Euro produced Servo. hmm , may have to investigate a bit more now.

The DS1015 is sold as ACE in the US, elsewhere it can also be found as Thunder Tiger DS1015 or Thunder Tiger ACE DS 1015.

(same servo, several names)

On another forum, someone compared the DS1015 to the AirTronics 94359Z that has Identical Specs, but is more expensive.
He states that the DS1015 makes the 94359Z look like a standard Servo....

It is the other way round... The ACE Servos are made by TT.

I think the model numbers are identical. At least they are for the DS series servos I have seen.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks