Race Fuel?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baja_Matt

I have been wondering how a 29cc engine would react to actual race fuel, like TT-110 or TT-114. Would there be any performance advantage or would it just be a waste of money over 91 octane?

91 octane gallon - $4.21
TT110 gallon - $8.00

Unless you have a 29cc with the highest compression ratio ever. LOL

91 octane(MUST be non ethanol)on is going to run as well or better than the over 100 octane fuel.

Just don't run any fuel with etahnol in it. If that means buying the high octane stuff to avoid the ethanol than that should be your choice. You can cut it with Colemans fuel to knock down some octane but no need to really. No need to though as the race gas will run well straight up also.

Go to your local airport and buy 100LL Aviation fuel. It has everything we need in a fuel. Consistant and makes great power.

Last edited:
I have a 29.5cc Trevor simpson reed coming and was trying to verify if I should stay premium pump octane or race fuel (prefer not unless I need to). I'm in the states and im not aware of any stations that doesn't have Ethanol.

Any input on going with premium fuel or race fuel? Luckily, the airport is rite around the corner from our house so.....

Last edited:
I run VP Q16 in my mills. 84mph 30.5 and 110mph 57.0. Works for me. I would also recommend you run automotive race gas over avation fuel. Props only spin 3500ish rpm/ I am sure you 2 stroke spins more rpm than that. Just my 2 cents. hope it helps.

Hi new to the forum but not rc engines or any other engine,But i got to ask why do you want to run race fuel?

If you can start your engine heat it up,and then pull the plug wire or push on the kill switch and don't die then you have a problem with low octane 89 to 91.Then you need more octane to stop this happen,if you look at high octane fuels there a slow burning fuel.And in being a slow burning means it needs to be more cylinder pressure or compression to get the charge to burn the slow fuels or high octane.

Last edited:
Hi new to the forum but not rc engines or any other engine,But i got to ask why do you want to run race fuel?

If you can start your engine heat it up,and then pull the plug wire or push on the kill switch and don't die then you have a problem with low octane 89 to 91.Then you need more octane to stop this happen,if you look at high octane fuels there a slow burning fuel.And in being a slow burning means it needs to be more cylinder pressure or compression to get the charge to burn the slow fuels or high octane.

I run 18.1-22.1 compression in my motors. I run race gas for this reason. I am also holding wot for 10 to 15 seconds depending which car I am running. My cars are set up for speed runs. I have 1/5 scales that run between 80/112mph (136/177kph).

Yes i can see why you run the race fuel in them engine,But i don't understand why people think they need the fuel to make power in a stock or a mild worked engine.To me there just blowing $$$ for nothing or slowing there engine down a little.

I run 18.1-22.1 compression in my motors. I run race gas for this reason. I am also holding wot for 10 to 15 seconds depending which car I am running. My cars are set up for speed runs. I have 1/5 scales that run between 80/112mph (136/177kph).

remember, compression ratio dictates octane demand. i run 91 no ethanol in my 30.5 stroked zenoah. runs great. i previously used 110 race from sunoco and other than the smell, no difference. if you want a web address for no ethanol stations in all states, pm your e-mail to me.

Yes i can see why you run the race fuel in them engine,But i don't understand why people think they need the fuel to make power in a stock or a mild worked engine.To me there just blowing $$$ for nothing or slowing there engine down a little.

I agree, high octane fuel burns slower also slows Down the flame front lowering the chance of detonation. High compression and advanced timing = high octane... Stock motor will make more power on lower octane fuel

Only some times compression ratio dictates octane demand.I build engines that are up to 12.9:1 that run on pumped fuel,the 461bbc in my pro street car it 12.9: but it is done with the cam i use in my engine and any other engine i build with a 10.5:1 and up 12.5:1

But it's all good more info we all can get and give is good for the hobby.

I run 100LL Av gas in my Baja, but thats because its the only fuel in my area without Ethanol in it, and where do people get that all aircraft engines run at 3500 rpm, thats a bunch of bull. Rotax makes 2 stroke aircraft engines and some of them run well over 9k rpm with a 3:1 gear reduction, so yes the prop turns 3k rpm but that doen't mean the motor only turns 3k rpm.

I run 100LL Av gas in my Baja, but thats because its the only fuel in my area without Ethanol in it, and where do people get that all aircraft engines run at 3500 rpm, thats a bunch of bull. Rotax makes 2 stroke aircraft engines and some of them run well over 9k rpm with a 3:1 gear reduction, so yes the prop turns 3k rpm but that doen't mean the motor only turns 3k rpm.

I get the ethanol part. My baja's and fg spins 18,000/21,000 rpm. I still would not recommend av gas . As long as it works for you...thats all that counts. Good luck

I get the ethanol part. My baja's and fg spins 18,000/21,000 rpm. I still would not recommend av gas . As long as it works for you...thats all that counts. Good luck

I found a local vp fuel vendor and he is ordering me a 30gal drum of vp street blaze 95 octane $150 plus a $100 drum deposit. So it makes the fuel $5 a gal. $1 gal cheaper then the 100ll. He said the fuel has a 2 year shelf life, but it will last threw the year. My wife and i have 2 bajas ( 1 km and 1 hpi) and a five-t, so fuel goes fast.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks