Register and gain access to Discussions, Reviews, Tech Tips, How to Articles, and much more - on the largest Large Scale RC community for RC enthusiasts that covers all aspects of the Large Scale RC!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Race?

Discussion in 'HPI Baja' started by smostyn, Mar 6, 2007.

1. smostyn

smostyn New Member

Hello all,
    My first post here so I may as well say gday. I currently race 1/10th scale on road nitro and ep at club level. I have looked at getting an onroad 1/5th scale to race but the local numbers just don't warrant me spending $4,000 on a new ride. So I figure go off road and basically I am pretty much hooked on the Baja. What I want to know is, does anybody race them?
    I think I will get one just for shits and giggles anyway and get bashing. But it would be good to race them as well.

Cheers,

Shayne

2. bullfrog

bullfrog Well-Known Member

Yes we race them. You can really turn them into a great car

3. thedeeredog

thedeeredog Member

Hey Shayne,
    Bullfrog, myself and a few others get together about once a month for a major bash at our track at Peachester.
    It's not to far if you wanted to come for the weekend, you can even camp out there if you wish. Bullfrog travels from Toowoomba and another friend, Steve travels from Brisbane. Just had a fellow from Roma there last weekend. We usually have about 5 baja's at any one time, so far. Our next big bash will be on the last weekend of this month if you were interested in coming. Just PM myself or Bullfrog for any details.
    Darren..

4. Timmahh

Timmahh Bajastafarian Madnes
    PLUS member

FYI, you can get a decent on road care up and running for around 1200.00 usd. even less for a starter car. maybe 500 USD, but if you want a full compitition model now your into 3 grand and up.
    but for offroading, the baja is the shiznit imo. you ve got a good number of baja owners in your area, and like DeerDog just said, alot of fun to be had with the baja.

5. Werloc

Werloc Member

Go look at the videos. Look at # 197. Fun racing Bajas. Us Jersey guys looooove to race.... I can't run by myself anymore, I just can't.

6. smostyn

smostyn New Member

Thats great to hear deeredog. I may end up taking you up on that. I will be in touch when I get one.
    Timmahh, most of the locals run HARM, FG, and Luterbachers, so if I was to run against them I would need to spend up big to be competative.

7. tulz43

tulz43 Well-Known Member

Werloc...I might have to make my way over and run with you guys. Getting tired of running by myself.

8. thedeeredog

thedeeredog Member

Where are you looking at buying from Shayne?
    OZ-RC in Brisbane will get you one for $1300. If not, tell him you know me.
    Darren..

9. bullfrog

Another member of HORCC would be awesome. Could take our total of Baja running to 9 if if Krys mates get ones too.

10. thedeeredog

thedeeredog Member

Oh yes, You would need more trophies then too Jonathan. example - "Who travelled the furtherest to race" lol...

11. bullfrog

But I would win that one when Krys doesn't show up. lol

12. smostyn

smostyn New Member

Thanks mate, thats pretty much the going rate locally. I should have one in about 2 months. Cant wait.

13. alham1818

alham1818 Member

Where are you guys racing the Baja at. I'm in the US. I live in Delta, PA. I would be looking for tracks in South East PA, MD, and maybe DE.