Racing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HenryT

I just came into 1/5 world from 1/8 off-road and found that I need to learn a LOT. Whole new game.

I am sure I will be posting lots of questions here but right now I would like to have your comments about following items:

1) Genius XR Chassis = http://www.genius-racing.com/
How much extra performance can you get from that? That plastic diffuser at the rear and a lot of material removed from the center makes me wonder about chassis rigidity/torsion

2) Hudy wheel balancer = http://www.hudy.net/xhudy/products/proddesc.php?prod_id=344&kategoria=69
What/where do you get the weight to balance these wheels? And is everything done "by eye" or any tool to help to identify the right spots/weight needed? Anybody saw one?

Thanks,

Henry

Liked these new EVO 09 chassis and rear body mounts as well

Found them here http://rcspecial.com/news/?cat=108&paged=11

and here www.rc-car-online.de

fg2710091.jpg

fg2710093.jpg

"EVO chassis 09-530. Reworked and in some technical details improved EVO chassis with longitudinal
grooves at the bottom. The rear was shortened 10mm. For mounting you need the shorter rear support 09. Suitable for the EVO models and Competition 07.

Short rear support for the Competition 07 and EVO 08/09 models. Allows a simple access to the rear stabilizer and enables a 10mm shortening of the chassis."

According to Martin Gerhardt from RC-CAR-SHOP-HOBBYTHEK

"Yes you can use this Chassis on your EVO 07, you need only the 09 Wing Support as you see in our Shop"

The car looks awesome. I would love to add one to my collection and will if I ever catch one at the right price and at the right time.

henry,
I saw one genius XR 2010 in action this past week in a race in LA.
The chassis looks very nice and it seems to be very easy to work on (parts are easily accesible).

The person driving the car is Angel, a well know racer in the 1/5 scale world in USA and some parts of south america.

I am also very interested in this chassis and if so are you, you can contact him at
http://www.fgsupply.com/

are you planning to race or bash?

if you are just looking to play around parking lots you are better of with a plastic model (FG Sportline).

If you are looking for a racing car, then this car would be nice, and so would an FG EVO model.

Hi Henry 2 things to ask - where are you? what are you going to do with the car?

IMHO for racing I would go for the FG evo because it's probably the most widley used touring car and it has won more titles all over the world than any other brand (pretty much). You will probably find that at club level it's the most popular car unless a dealer of another make runs the club.

Set ups - wheel balancer - forget it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nobody i've ever seen uses one and I'm not sure I've ever seen one for 1/5th scale

You will need - an FG camber gauge, a 39" steel rule a 6" steel rule and a vernier or caliper - and thats it.
Don't be tempted to get one of these go hawk things because it won't make the slightest difference unless you're 1/2 a lap behind the world champion and you want to beat him, even then I doubt anything but your thumbs will do that.

Please feel free to get in touch, I've raced long enough and at major events to have a good idea what I'm talking about even if I'm not the best driver - some would say by a long shot but hey!

Mike

Last edited:
I am actually waiting for my genius XR
That is why i am selling my FG F1 and the RS5 to recuperate some $
I'll let u know how it is once i get in on my hands

Hi Henry 2 things to ask - where are you? what are you going to do with the car?

IMHO for racing I would go for the FG evo because it's probably the most widley used touring car and it has won more titles all over the world than any other brand (pretty much). You will probably find that at club level it's the most popular car unless a dealer of another make runs the club.

Set ups - wheel balancer - forget it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nobody i've ever seen uses one and I'm not sure I've ever seen one for 1/5th scale

You will need - an FG camber gauge, a 39" steel rule a 6" steel rule and a vernier or caliper - and thats it.
Don't be tempted to get one of these go hawk things because it won't make the slightest difference unless you're 1/2 a lap behind the world champion and you want to beat him, even then I doubt anything but your thumbs will do that.

Please feel free to get in touch, I've raced long enough and at major events to have a good idea what I'm talking about even if I'm not the best driver - some would say by a long shot but hey!

Mike

Angel is the man. He's helped me so many times with stuff.

That Genius looks pretty nice. Can't wait to hear a comparison review. Is FG Supply going to carry parts for this thing then? Parts availability is always a big concern to me with any model. Kinda why I stick with FG and Nutech stuff

here she is!!!
I like this car, but there are still stuff I like about the RS5.
We'll see how this car performes in Argentina in the Americas Cup!!!

Attachments

• pic 015 small.jpg
    pic 015 small.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 14
  • pic 016 small.jpg
    pic 016 small.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 12
  • pic 017 small.jpg
    pic 017 small.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 12
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks