Radio Problems Continue!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sperera

Well I picked up the FG from the shop last night. Worked for about 5 mins and then I fried my throttle servo LOL.

Ahhhh fun and games.

Took the hitec 645mg apart and the circut board is well and truley cooked.

Found an old cheapo servo I had lying around so will use that for the time being but whats a good one to use long term that wont fry like the last one did?

you are running a 5 cel, radio set to normal frame rate, proper end point adjustment, no anti lock brakes turned on etc?

I had an odd race weekend once. It was a big race with radio impound and I couldn't work much on it with radio to see (until I begged after burning up 2 servos lol) I was running fm 75 mhz. I had 2 rx's with me. the one for some reason I eventually found out, was frying servos when I have an rx battery plugged in to the battery slot. it worked fine with an esc. I swapped to my old rx and got to finally run more than 3 laps in a qualifier. never seen an rx do that but I tested again later at home and fried a cheap servo again. Hitec replaced both my fried servos as well.

send the receiver in. maybe try another receiver as well.

Time to send in both the TX & Rec...the electronic componet's only take so much use
and can break down..Just get them repaire or get a different Radio syatem...
Like Faturba 3pm ..there cheap enough to buy & and a good Radio system....
same style as the D3r you have now......Just mt opinion...Slawhammer

you are running a 5 cel, radio set to normal frame rate, proper end point adjustment, no anti lock brakes turned on etc?

I had an odd race weekend once. It was a big race with radio impound and I couldn't work much on it with radio to see (until I begged after burning up 2 servos lol) I was running fm 75 mhz. I had 2 rx's with me. the one for some reason I eventually found out, was frying servos when I have an rx battery plugged in to the battery slot. it worked fine with an esc. I swapped to my old rx and got to finally run more than 3 laps in a qualifier. never seen an rx do that but I tested again later at home and fried a cheap servo again. Hitec replaced both my fried servos as well.

send the receiver in. maybe try another receiver as well.

running 5 cel, don't know about the frame, not familiar with this, how do I check? I have played with the exponential settings on the radio if thats what you mean. I adjusted the EPA's for the first time yeasterday, didnt know about this before then. Got it set to 80%B and 90%F. At full throttle its within the servo range but the servo is still making some noises when I apply brakes which im assuming is normal?

I just put a new ariel on my spare SR3000 receiver so I can try that.

I ran my FG for about 20 mins last night and behaved fine. I didnt use the brakes once though. Only got a cheap servo in there for the time being.

Am I right in saying if my EPA's arnt correct the servo will make a noise when I go full throttle?

well the frame rate is in the setup menu. you know, hold the 2 buttons down and turn on radio. cycle through until you find the frame rate and it has to be on the low side for analog servos

exponential is just changing how the servo reacts. what I mean is if you want it to move slow through the intitial 1/4 of the servo travel then normal speed through the rest, you reduce the expo. good for traction control on slippery surfaces or smoothing out fast steering servo so it doesn't make twitchy moves say going down the straight//

you should set the end points so the servo just travels as far as is necessary. so for throttle. you trun down the epa, then increse it slowly until it is pulling the throttle to full and no more. the brake epa can be used to adjust the amount of back brakes (or oth if using a Y cable on the servos and mechanically adjusting the brake bias)

well the frame rate is in the setup menu. you know, hold the 2 buttons down and turn on radio. cycle through until you find the frame rate and it has to be on the low side for analog servos

exponential is just changing how the servo reacts. what I mean is if you want it to move slow through the intitial 1/4 of the servo travel then normal speed through the rest, you reduce the expo. good for traction control on slippery surfaces or smoothing out fast steering servo so it doesn't make twitchy moves say going down the straight//

you should set the end points so the servo just travels as far as is necessary. so for throttle. you trun down the epa, then increse it slowly until it is pulling the throttle to full and no more. the brake epa can be used to adjust the amount of back brakes (or oth if using a Y cable on the servos and mechanically adjusting the brake bias)

thanks pipe, based on this I think ive adjusted it correctly (for the first time)

do you think the EPA will change if I rebing the servo? I know ive done this a few times recently to try and trouble shoot a problem ive been having.

binding will have no change. remember to have the servos sitting in the position you want when it goes to failsafe, as it uses the position when binding for that setting, glad my ramblings could help someone... I am just a post whore

LOL your always a help mate.

And you taught me something new as well, didnt know about frame rate. Found it in the manual finally. Mine is set to 11ms which is the default. Its says old analogue servos to use 16.5ms but mine isnt old so u think I should keep it at the 11ms?

I went back to an old post on our local forum and copied and pasted his response. Steve does work for castle, has designed his own 2.4 ghz stuff, makes lap timing, etc etc... so I consider him an expert on electronics (I take my fried escs and stuff to him to fix)

Be careful using the higher frame rates with analog servos - even the 11ms rate can damage analog servos. If they ever buzz or do anything abnormal go back to 20ms.

Quick general note for those reading this who are not used to using digital radio kit,

Slower Framerate = bigger number
Faster Framerate = smaller number

(framerate = 1 /frequency)

correct. Framerates are measured in milliseconds. 11FS is 11 milliseconds per frame (think of a MS Word sheet with a shitload of data on it, this is what is in a frame) , which is faster than 16.3 FS which is 16.3 milliseconds per frame.

analog servo need slower information. digital servos can process the info faster.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks