Raminator + RCMax 80cc.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have any of you ever driven a lifted pick up with tons of power? It's the same principal. Cant take turns fast on power just don't work. This is basic physics at play. High center of gravity things topple over easier. I truly don't see the validity of the complaints on handling. It's a top heavy truck, on big floppy tires. Slam the thing on the ground, make it a bit wider and boom. Theres your fast good handling truck... guess what, it ain't. Monster truck anymore.

I'll say it AGAIN ! GET A RAKE ! , Ipondered for a long time , did alot of study and questioning with the primal and RC max guys , and it was a popular decision to just go with the new 50gt ram engine , that 50 wheelies for ever , fast as it needs to be or your just rolling the thing or blowing things up , this 50 is shearing hex pins so I can't imagine the 80 not doing it worse , there's no need for the 80 unless your a doctor's lawyer and have way to much money , makes no sense , but that's just what I've been told and I'm sure you have all seen KABOOOOM !!

I pondered over the idea of buying the truck when it first came out on pre order. But then I needed more info on it. Sure it looks impressive but under all the smoke and mirrors I discovered it really isn't all the great of a truck. It looks awesome but the drive train and gearing kill the truck fast and the weight. The power to weight ratio was to high to see any real speed. 20:1 is to much And the gearing options suck. It's over geared! A truck with that much weight should have lower gearing to give the stock motor a chance. Only option to compensate for the problems was to put a bigger motor in. But that really didn't fix the real issue of the gearing of the truck. Overall it wasn't designed very well with the features it has.

I pondered over the idea of buying the truck when it first came out on pre order. But then I needed more info on it. Sure it looks impressive but under all the smoke and mirrors I discovered it really isn't all the great of a truck. It looks awesome but the drive train and gearing kill the truck fast and the weight. The power to weight ratio was to high to see any real speed. 20:1 is to much And the gearing options suck. It's over geared! A truck with that much weight should have lower gearing to give the stock motor a chance. Only option to compensate for the problems was to put a bigger motor in. But that really didn't fix the real issue of the gearing of the truck. Overall it wasn't designed very well with the features it has.
Respectfully disagree with you. The Raminator is a blast. It has a few minor issues to be addressed but once these are completed thing is amazing. People that have not seen this in real life do not grasp the true size of it. Mine weighs just at 90 pounds with the upgrades I have done and it still hits 18 mph all day. This is a 1/5 scale monster truck. It is built, handles and responds like just that. A lot of folks are comparing it mentally to e rigs or even bajas and such and forgetting it is a more a less a scale monster truck. If you are trying to throw big power at it like the 80..yes that is a lot for the stock drive train. The more I have driven mine over last 6 months, the more I find it plenty enjoyable with the stock motor. It is all relative to opinion...thus I respect people that feel its too big and slow for their taste...however to say it isn't that great of a truck is a false statement from an overall standpoint.

I own every aspect of RC anything , my Max 50gt ram is the most fun by a mile , as for the drive train , I do endless wheelies with no throttle at all ,it's all about cotrolling the torque , but I have started to sheer off hub pins , Wich I think is hillariouse , so I geuss I'm still catching up in that torque thing , no real right to put down something you have not been able to run around on two wheels alllll day 🤣😂now that I have my 50gt engine , I say rven stronger , that the 80 is to much for anything , all it does is test things apart , I've seen it more than once , even RC Sparks blew his drive rod in the tranny , broke the thing in half , on the second day , I rest my case , so happy I waited for the 50

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks