Rampage got some track time.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Papago_RC_Raceway

Took the Rampage out last night to see how it does at the track. I commend Redcat on a original design, but the plastic is still Chinese.

Took a front arm out in 2 laps.

As a racer, we don't use aluminum arms, because that just means that the next part in line will break, and its easier/cheaper to replace an arm. If anything on this car needs to be made with better plastic, its the arms, they will take the most abuse.

Now, I do know of an upgrade that needs to be made. The plastic cross bars on the wing mount, somebody please make aluminum ones. First flip and the wing mount got out of shape, and the screws stripped right out of the bars. If they were screwed into aluminum, they would of held better. Also, if the plastic doesn't hold up well, we better go to an aluminum chassis brace in the front. Would also be nice to have a chassis brace in the rear.

Also, Redcat, are there swaybars in the works?

OK, so, how did it handle. Awesome!!!!! I could hit the exact same lines that I use when racing my Losi 8. I could get hard on the throttle and not worry about it coming around like the Baja. I was hoping that is was more controlable in the air like 1/8 scales, but I think its due to throttle lag that doesn't allow us to do this.

One thing, needs a center diff. Someone make an adapter so we can run the MCD center diff.

So here is my wishlist for you manufactures to work on.

1. Stronger arms, in other words, more flex
2. Aluminum crossbars for the wing mount
3. Sway Bars
4. Aluminum chassis braces, someone come up with an idea for a rear brace as well
5.Adapter to run MCD center diff (oil filled)

Prety extensive list, the price directly reflects the innovation in the product. I don't think it is realistic to expect MCD handling and design in somthing that is less than half the cost. Correct me if I am wrong. I think for what they are worth it is good for a lot of people to get into LS Gas, and not be buying a CLONE.

I think it is a grate car. New will have some problems. MCD is good but was the worst when first lunched. Read cat will pick up.
I think it was made cheap so it will be affordable. Now thy need to fix any small problems, and release an updated racing version of it.

I think it is a grate car. New will have some problems. MCD is good but was the worst when first lunched. Read cat will pick up.
I think it was made cheap so it will be affordable. Now thy need to fix any small problems, and release an updated racing version of it.

I hope to get mine soon, but i do agree it is just going to take a little time for the bugs to be worked out... Hell look at real cars, they have recalls years after that model has been out... I say give it another few months and they will have a rock solid ready to run cheap truck... (I don't mind the growing pains)

Skater

Don’t for get about computer software. Any one with Windows Vista will be in pain. I now a few. Thank good I bout my Lap top before releasing Vista.

I don’t have Vista.
But every one else how has it complain about it. Not really sour what exactly.
Most of them formatted and installed XP, and living haply ever after.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks