rampage xr Rally carburetor and belt drive questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay337

Hi everyone,
This is my first 1/5 scale gasoline RC and I'm pretty new to 2 stroke engine.

My break-in is done and I made my research because I have a hard time keeping the tune on the carburetor... I saw that the oem redcat carburetor is crap so I would like to change for a walbro but I don't know which model to choose... I have the 30 cc engine on it.
Which one is the good one? I am running in extreme temperature.. Here in quebec we run the rc between - 15 celcius and +30 celcius.

At the same time of my last tank of break in gas, my gears stripped and dealer told me that the gears from redcat are also pretty crap. So do you know if the belt drive will be good?
Thanks
13b4788958535589f6bce910a9763b26.jpg

The carburetor of choice for most people is the 990 but it doesn't have a choke. For some it's an issue. For others it's not depending on how comfy you are with starting the engine without one. Plastic bag over the air filter will choke it for you.

Yes its not the gear that are no good the gears are great its from the heat on the plastic gear carrier that cause the plastic to move and warp and eat the teeth of the gears so as stated above if you switch to a metal gear carrier it will take care of the problem and it is no problem at all to run without a gear cover. If yo must get you a carb with a choke I would suggest a walbro 997

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks