RAMPAGE XR WITH RC10 GT BODY

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harold Bascom

Well guys... I had converted my REDCAT RAMPAGE XR, into a purely 'parking lot runner', but by and by it dawned on me the big speed difference with the body on and the body off. It was so nimble with the body off. In the course of running, I misjudged a lamp post due to depth-of-vision issues, and ran, SMACK into it. I busted thar body, the bumper, and ended with one front shock leaking.

But, I always say, that everything happens for a good reason. So, I told myself I'm going to lose that heavy body. When I got home, I weighed it. It was a whopping THREE POUNDS! But I like running my models with bodies, so, I decided to take one from an old Associated RC10 GT, I have laying around, and make it the body for my Redcat Rampage XR. Of course I had to reconfigure the body-posts, creatively. Then I trimmed the body to have the fuel tank and pull-start handle out.

I did it all in a few hours.
What's left for me to do is redesign the bumper geometry. I plan to use shocks from an old 1/8 scale buggy, and make it happen, that should my XR run into anything in future, a pair of oil-filled shocks help to take off frontal impact. Just an idea now.

But for now, take a look at what a Redcat Rampage XR looks like with a RC10 GT body piggybacking on it. Lol.

PEACE!20170826_160431-1.jpg

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks