Rampage XTE 8S or Traxxas 8s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garrett Walker

Tossed between getting a Kershaw Rampage xte 8s or the traxxas x-maxx 8s... Looking for SPEED and durability... Don't want to sacrifice one for the other... Any thoughts???

Well real issue is cash flow! Either way your going to break lots parts on 8 cells on either. Traxxas parts are foing to cost more then redcat. Redcat has more simple design easy to fix. Traxxas has more parts and cover and such deal with in this process. So one factor is neither handle a brushless well and parts wear very fast on both. If you want a basher for fun go redcat. Cheapeer to fix and alot les crap to deal with while doing it. If you want a toy in flat park where its on a huge parking lot its while life traxxas lol i actuall own both well tmaxx coverted to 14c brushless. And xmax with 14c setup as well. Honestly 6c or 8c all you need unless your going to critical it buy another for fun like me. Neither is truley designed to handle massive punch of 50foot pounds force or more that brusless motor is going to push on drive train of that size. We have gotten to a point where the cars trucks need an over haul and ned design features for this new wonder of brushless power. I own a machine shop make many custom parts for 1/4 scales ans 1/5 scales and for example that redcat mt with the 48cc motor thats sitting in it lol has 1/2 thick drive lines with needle bearing ujoints. Point is not designed for it! poop breaks and brushless motor loves to chew drive trains apart ony modle to start with.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks