Random spacer appeared?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unknown460

Hi Guys, i've just been putting my radio tray and stock servo saver back into my MT, and noticed a plastic spacer has come from somewhere, i've never noticed it before, but it might have been attached to, im guessing the servo saver or radio tray somewhere! Any idea's peoples? It's black plastic about 4-5mm internal hole size and about 3mm thick. I'll do a picture asap.

Thanks for any help, i didn't want to reinstall without it for sake of taking it all apart again!

Cheers James

servosaver.gif

Last edited:
Is it part of the servo horn? What about the steering setup?

I was working on my Baja last night and a spacer exactly like that fell out. I still can't figure out where mine came from. It wasn't from the servo horn either.

I thought that space went under the bracket that attach's to the radio tray..from the
front bulk heads.....Look for a pfd for a break down diagram....Slawhammer

Hi csp, i don't think its part of the servo horn or steering setup as i hadn't touched 'em.
However i did think it came from where you said slaw, somewhere between the radio tray and the suspension bridge mount thingy, though when i put it there, the bolt that usually goes through didn't seem to be long enough, so i dunno!

I've had a look at the pdf's and can't find it, neither the pictures that are above the exploded diagrams....

http://www.fg-modellsport-gmbh.de/_PDF-ANLEITUNGEN/E.06007-12013.pdf

Thanks for your replies, and i see im not the only one with the problem then!

Last edited:
I looked at pdf and did not see the spacer..maybe on the servo saver post then the radio tray ...I have a marder platform car ..The spacer is under the bracket on top of
the radio tray...Maybe they used a longer cap bolt on my car.......I am not sure where
else that small of a spacer would be used.....Slawhammer
PS..I looked at the pdf again..first picture...look at the cap bolt on the radio tray...is that not the spacer under the
cap screw?

Last edited:
Thanks slaw, i did see the cap head bolt and wonder, but there's also a step on the radio tray, so wasnt sure :blush:

Thankyou for looking, so the spacer sits between the radio tray and the bulkhead bracket? Mine came off a marder too so should be same... maybe the bolt wanted a holiday like the spacers seem to :clown:

Cheers
James

I have road rash on the body, my air filter is scraped up but that's the beauty of on road.... I use the leaf blower before we start and only 5 mins with the air compressor when I get home and it's a shelf queen again... my semi is my baby, so gets the most attention for sure though.

that pic was before the aluminum front knuckles and brake kit, but the best angle to see the spacer.

Thanks pipeous for the picture, i definetly see now, nice piece of kit too :cool2:

Thanks everyone for the great help as usual.

James

your plastic spacer might go under the tray? just watch how the screw hole lines up. too much angle will pull the front end is all and put a sort of stress bend to the chassis. you'll see what I mean. it should bolt without having to bend anything. man my brain isn't right this morning...

I agreed to help a friend out and cover his graveyard shift this weekend. I haven't worked graveyards in a while now. he is writing his second book (this new book is a trilogy) and is halfway across the country. wrote me yesterday to ask if I could help out so his job is still here when he gets back... it's 3 weekends of work... pays my car insurance. leaves my money for rc bling hehe.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks