Rate my idle. (Edited to add video link)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Picodogg

I eat DDM chocolate mints for breakfast
PLUS member
I know it’s some what subjective, but tell me what you think of the idle. It’s a Losi 5T 2.0. Zenoah 320. The primer bulb is always completely full at the moment. Needles on the carb are at factory settings.

Last edited:
I ended up lobbing some heavy bike chain grease on the o-ring. My worry when assembling it was what you are saying happened to you. Great 😬 Knock on wood I guess.

Guess I might just add some of this seal all stuff to my next DDM order and see if I can just completely seal the air box?

With that said… I hope Discount Dave has discount children I am helping through discount college with the amount of money I have spent at DDM’s online store. Don’t get me wrong though, they have wonderful service.

(Hey DDM if you see this please send me a discount code.)

Attachments

• IMG_2618.png
    IMG_2618.png
    88.3 KB · Views: 3
I was about to say, I'm sure you can seal that with some Permatex heavy duty gasket maker and seal, and put the o-ring in, and put a decent amount of gasket maker into the grooves and problem solved. Should really do that with all the air intakes designed like that I'm sure; it's a nice design in that it gets the air intake out of the way of the cage or keeps it tucked somewhere not in the direct line of dirt.

Good to know though for those who have one to seal it up properly and not rely on the o-ring.

I think I am going to just make several passes on the outside rib where the box comes together. My fear being that if I do it on the o-ring on the inside it will never come apart because it takes acetone to break the material up.

I am guessing it will be a maintenance issue based off @Rep732 ’s experience even with reapplying seal all every so often.

In order to get the bolts out that holds it to the carb you have to split it, generally there's no reason to seperatethe halves once together. Also depending on air filter it hinders your ability to put the gas cap on.

Last edited:
Ah this fight again.... the 2 sides need sealed with rtv... ran one for years on the dbxl and have had zero issues with the one on the 5ive t...... also proven they flow plenty for these engine.....
What’s RTV?

Edit: Room Temperature Vulcanizing

Word.

That’s the way I am going to proceed. I like the design and layout of the box. I will just give some service to maintenance for the time being.

For what little I use my engineering degree; I totally agree on the airflow. Anymore CFM on these engines and it will just blow the oil/gas out through the exhaust.

Attachments

• IMG_2625.jpeg
    IMG_2625.jpeg
    92 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks