rc gazing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harold Bascom

I will admit to 'Rc Gazing' and I'm sure other fifth-scalers will admit to it. Quite often I would just sit and gaze, enraptured, at my fifth-scale machine in my garage 'wrenching space.'

For me gazing at my Redcat Rampage XR styled as a 1920s vintage racer is the most enjoyable thing--almost intimate. I reserve time after work to spend time with that machine. I can hug the bad thing. Lol.

I even suspect my wife experiences moments of jealousy judging from the way she makes snide remarks about the time I spend "...with my toys."

So guys, it's time to 'fess up.' If you too have a bromance with your fifth-scale RC, respond with a 'Yop.'
photo_editor_ds_1559860151104.jpg

Last edited:
I will admit to 'Rc Gazing' and I'm sure other fifth-scalers will admit to it. Quite often I would just sit and gaze, enraptured, at my fifth-scale machine in my garage 'wrenching space.'

For me gazing at my Redcat Rampage XR styled as a 1920s vintage racer is the most enjoyable thing--almost intimate. I reserve time after work to send time with that machine. I can hug the bad thing. Lol.

I even suspect my wife experiences moments of jealousy judging from the way she makes snide remarks about the time I spend "...with my toys."

So guys, it's time to 'fess up.' If you too have a bromance with your fifth-scale TV, respond with a 'Yop.'
View attachment 51758
I do it quite alot (mostly cuz my truck doesn't run?). Here's a couple pics I've took. The ones with the red lighting is when I took the shocks off to see what looked like, obviously won't be that low

https://www.instagram.com/zee.hb71lsf/p/ByKNisZAXOD/?igshid=1ngm4anifas59

IMG_20190320_160836.jpg
IMG_20190512_143748.jpg
IMG_20181130_184859.jpg

Hes still putting the engine together..... soon it will be alive
https://www.largescaleforums.com/threads/custom-70cc-engine-build.22765/page-37#post-234723

Read up lol
Thanks for replying for me, was having dinner. But yes, Im building that new engine because my old one (a rovan 30.5cc) blew up and I wanted a big bore, so i couldn't afford a big bore and I didn't want a small (like under 40cc) engine so I decided to try and build one, fast forward a year, I'm actually going to be spending almost as much as a big bore (when completed) but I think it's worth it for the know how and experience.

Thanks for replying for me, was having dinner. But yes, Im building that new engine because my old one (a rovan 30.5cc) blew up and I wanted a big bore, so i couldn't afford a big bore and I didn't want a small (like under 40cc) engine so I decided to try and build one, fast forward a year, I'm actually going to be spending almost as much as a big bore (when completed) but I think it's worth it for the know how and experience.
I agree. The 'know how' and the 'experience' are priceless. That aluminium body on my Rampage XR, I built it out of a sheet of aluminum with no prior experience in sheet metal work. It was a consuming and great learning experience.
Best of luck, my brother. Peace!

For me gazing at my Redcat Rampage XR styled as a 1920s vintage racer is the most enjoyable thing--almost intimate. I reserve time after work to send time with that machine. I can hug the bad thing. Lol.

So guys, it's time to 'fess up.' If you too have a bromance with your fifth-scale TV, respond with a 'Yop.'
View attachment 51758
I do stare at my 5t, as I spin it on my turn style stand.

Ummmm...... counting all my rc stuff I do stare at them a lot as they are all over the man cave. Some of them anymore (helis) i wonder why I ever bought. My tamiya terra crusher I think i stare out the most wishing I could find u joints for it.(they were made oit of plastic) But my dbxl gets the most attention as it's what I grab to run most of the time and by admission its what's broke the most often lol.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks