RcJunkie Baja 5b

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess you're asking for what other upgrades you should do? A kill switch is always priority #1 when it comes to any gas powered RC. I don't even feel 100% safe even with a kill switch, I have no idea how people can run without one. It should be illegal!

The 3 most important upgrades for me IMO was..

Brakes - The stock ones are crap and need to be replaced asap. If you're running on grass brakes aren't as important, but the stock ones overheat and fade badly. If I were running in a somewhat cramped parking lot on tarmac, I wouldn't even run with the stock brakes. They are that unreliable.

Steering & brake/throttle servos. On any RTR, servos are usually throw away and replace. The Losi 5ive was the only RTR that had decent servos.

Tires - stock tires are useless and really turn an already poor handling RC car into something almost undriveable. No other RC I've ever owned is more heavily dependent on tire choice for handling ability.

Some nice extras would be a metal/aluminum clutch carrier. Stock ones have been known to overheat and warp. If you can still find them, RPM arms would be nice as it would be much more durable. I like axle extenders as well. You'll flip a lot less and overall it'll be more stable. That's a relatively cheap upgrade for what you get in performance. I upgraded the steering assembly to aluminum but didn't notice any difference. I think changing the stock steering rods would be more beneficial as they bend easily in a tumble or even slight front end bump.

The Baja really doesn't need much. I would avoid too much bling as the weight adds up quickly. The plastics are pretty durable as well.

Last edited:
Never complain about increased compression lol... If I can add to your suggestion list, grab a set of flm dog bones and cups. Especially being your running the diff locker. I also recommend the olimat pipes. Rly the best sound I've heard come outta a weed wacker engine you won't be disappointed.

to add to the flm suggestion, if you go that route buy the super duty and NOT the 4 ever, the 4 ever kit is junk and youll likely have to grind out the cups for them to not bind. and the super duty is stronger anyway

thats my only regret with my rebuild, really shouldn't have bought that kit, and im even having doubts about their durability after seeing how thin they are in person. just a right poop show. cant return it as i bought it 2nd hand barely used and i already ground them out.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks