RCMAX 7075 Front end Parts for the Baja ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have limited experience with it. One of the tractor puller guys wanted the machine shop I used to work for to make rocker pedestals, rocker arms, and retainers for his engine. One of our best guys tried it out. Programming went well enough. Couldnt keep bits in CNC. Tried on the bridgport. No love. We were just out of our element. Obviously we couldnt charge the customer for what was attempted. Ended up sending the work out to a company that specializes in exotic metal machining. The rocker arms didnt work out well. For some reason the push rods ate through the pocket. Everything else worked out great. Actually has made me stay away from titanium in any more engine builds. Just don't understand it enough to trust it. ?‍♂️

I have limited experience with it. One of the tractor puller guys wanted the machine shop I used to work for to make rocker pedestals, rocker arms, and retainers for his engine. One of our best guys tried it out. Programming went well enough. Couldnt keep bits in CNC. Tried on the bridgport. No love. We were just out of our element. Obviously we couldnt charge the customer for what was attempted. Ended up sending the work out to a company that specializes in exotic metal machining. The rocker arms didnt work out well. For some reason the push rods ate through the pocket. Everything else worked out great. Actually has made me stay away from titanium in any more engine builds. Just don't understand it enough to trust it. ?‍♂️
I specialize in exotic and hard metals ??

It takes extremely shallow and small cuts which equals tremendous cycle time.
(more cost, tooling, etc) unless you have a machine that can handle it. Bridgeports are a no go lmaooo ?????

Makino has a new 5 axis machine specially for titanium machining. They are doing 5/8 depth of cut with . 125 step over and still running at 200 inches a minute and having fantastic tool life. If only I could afford the 5 million for the machine lol

Place I used to work at had 5 of them attached to a multi pallet system that kept it running 24/7

You could smell the $$$ I swear ??

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks