Rcmax 80

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Braap2smoke

So just purchased the motor off ebay.... got a screaming deal on it. now gonna get the rig when i have enough ?. What do you guys recommend beefing up? I was planning to get a wheelie bar, upper and lower trailing arms and possibly the body posts as youtube channel medic went thru the stock plastic ones fairly fast. Thanks in advance.

I would recommend a wheelie bar, aluminum body posts all the way around are a must. The upper and lower trailing arms stock are more then strong enough...no need to spend money there. Depending on the version you get, plan to have some money set aside for servos as some folks have gone through them. If you set up your steering correct, should circumvent a lot of the issues with the servos fighting themselves. You can upgrade to your hearts delight. RC Max and JS Performance have been my go too. Be prepared when you get your new rig to tear down and rebuild to ensure there are no issues with initial assembly. Also I have heard rumor of people roasting the transmission with that motor. Pretty sure medic did. Might want to do some reading and digging to see what the failure is to see if you can prevent it our watch for it. Feel free to hit me up with any questions. I've grown very familiar with the Raminator along with @Relic-1 . We will be happy to help you out!

Their was one on ebay?
Yes when i typed raminator it came up. Made a deal with seller from NY. Sounds like he only started it once. Also coming with a js gas tank. He is going e-word. My gain. Said it was a V2 but i don't know how to confirm that.
I would recommend a wheelie bar, aluminum body posts all the way around are a must. The upper and lower trailing arms stock are more then strong enough...no need to spend money there. Depending on the version you get, plan to have some money set aside for servos as some folks have gone through them. If you set up your steering correct, should circumvent a lot of the issues with the servos fighting themselves. You can upgrade to your hearts delight. RC Max and JS Performance have been my go too. Be prepared when you get your new rig to tear down and rebuild to ensure there are no issues with initial assembly. Also I have heard rumor of people roasting the transmission with that motor. Pretty sure medic did. Might want to do some reading and digging to see what the failure is to see if you can prevent it our watch for it. Feel free to hit me up with any questions. I've grown very familiar with the Raminator along with @Relic-1 . We will be happy to help you out!
Thx. Probably wont be getting the truck soon but i will definitely be back on here once i get one! Thx @RickDizzle
I will probably wait til i burn up the stock servos then go with spektrums. I have them on my vektas and like them a lot but very pricey. But so is everything in this hobby.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks