rear sway bar ??????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

notman

i noticed that if you pick up one a-arm on one side the other side comes up............in order to get that true independant suspension i thought of a removal...............has anyone tried this?

Last edited:
Not sure too many people run with them. You are correct independent is much better. Take it off and see if it fits your liking. I took it off from the start and think it helps in the control and performance. You will want to lighten up and change your shock oil also if you have not done it already, these changes will make performance way better.:)

Remove it!

:) Hi Anthony, I used mine for a while & then I took it off & it handled like a whole Different truck a lot better, now I need to figure out what weight shock oil to use to :helpsmilie: with the bouncing! PS: How do you like the new Wheelie bar & bumper? 9-29-2006-21.jpg

Last edited:
:) Hi Anthony, I used mine for a while & then I took it off & it handled like a whole Different truck a lot better, now I need to figure out what weight shock oil to use to :helpsmilie: with the bouncing! PS: How do you like the new Wheelie bar & bumper? 9-29-2006-21.jpg

thanks ,it fits well......guess i can use it as a handle as well

Not sure too many people run with them. You are correct independent is much better. Take it off and see if it fits your liking. I took it off from the start and think it helps in the control and performance. You will want to lighten up and change your shock oil also if you have not done it already, these changes will make performance way better.:)

had a guy make a comment about removing one of the shocks all away around,for better handling as well

I used 50W in front and 60W in rear but with two shocks at each wheel anything under 80 should be good. If you remove a shock it acts alot like changing the oil in them but you will have less spring to help hold the truck up and it may sag. You will have less a chance to bottom out with two also. I like the 8 shocks with the changed oil.:)

alot of the videos that you see the trucks just seem to bounce a bit too much,not really absorb the impact

I removed the sway bar. Thinking of taking off some material off each shock piston.

They fit VERY tight and sem low quality for a $1,000 truck. But we'll see if removing some of the plastic helps them work smoother.

I was expecting very good shocks for this kind of money and got shocks that look like they came off a Chinese junker car.

After testing my FG Monster Truck against a dozer I had to get a new rear shock tower. When I installed the new tower I left the sway bar off and like how it performs much better.

-Michael

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks